Jet Chips Power Programmer...Any good?

Old 02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?

Originally Posted by offroadn'98
Well i don't know what it was that killed the power when i put it on? But could def tell when i took it off that the power was back. I was told by someone on this site to make sure it's 2.5 I/O.
is yours true dual exhaust in 2.5"?

Old 02-07-2010, 10:03 PM
It's just stock 97 side exhaust. Thinking of deleting the front cats cause i believe they aren't monitored and doin some kind of muffler, but don't wanna kill the power again. The last truck i was talking about wasn't true dual tho, it was from what i knew just stock with the muffler cut out and a y pipe put in where the muffler was. I cut the y pipe out and put in a flowmaster super 40. Truck felt "choked" to me. (no power) I took it back out and put the pipe back in, and the power was back. Just don't wanna waste money again. I was told 2.5 i/o and i wouldn't have to worry about any of that.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
I also am very pleased with my Superchips 1715 for my 02 5.4. It really turned up the wick. I estimate 20hp increase.
The reason I bought Superchips was that I had previously bought one for my Dodge Magnum Hemi and I was pleased with it. The Superchips web site had dyno graphs before and after for my car showing 12 hp increase and about 15 ft lbs of torque throughout the rpm range and that feels about right.

The Superchips did more for my truck than it did for my car. I'm very happy with it.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
^^^

Sure hope you didn't pay retail price for that.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Roadie
I also am very pleased with my Superchips 1715 for my 02 5.4. It really turned up the wick. I estimate 20hp increase.
The reason I bought Superchips was that I had previously bought one for my Dodge Magnum Hemi and I was pleased with it. The Superchips web site had dyno graphs before and after for my car showing 12 hp increase and about 15 ft lbs of torque throughout the rpm range and that feels about right.

The Superchips did more for my truck than it did for my car. I'm very happy with it.
I have a bro that live down in wilmington. Pretty cool place, I like the history. Anyway his charger srt-8 with a diablo ran a 12.90 and that's all he has on it. I don't think those cars are quite that fast stock.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
The throttle response was terrible on my 5.7 Hemi. The main thing the Superchips program did was improve throttle response. I paid full price for that chip and I consider it worth it, especially since it improved interstate gas mileage by 2 mpg.

The truck Superchips, I bought from a member here for about half price and I am super pleased with it. It really turned up the wick.

Yeah, those SRT Dodges are awesome! I won't drive one because, I'd want one. Right now, I'm very happy with the RT.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:52 PM
2.25 or 2.5" Exhaust is opionions just like H-pipe ot X-pipe. Personally I went with 2.5" exhaust and an X-Pipe and im pleased.

2.25 - Louder at start up and lower RPMS, better torque
2.50 - Louder under heavier throttle, better top end.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by Roadie
Yeah, those SRT Dodges are awesome! I won't drive one because, I'd want one. Right now, I'm very happy with the RT.
Your very wise then!

Old 02-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man

2.25 - Louder at start up and lower RPMS, better torque
2.50 - Louder under heavier throttle, better top end.
The 2.25 will give me better low end you think?
I could care less about top end. Are you sure? and i would like the louder at lower rpms.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The 2.25 will give me better low end you think?
I could care less about top end. Are you sure? and i would like the louder at lower rpms.
YES.

Jeez buddy - there's an exhaust forum for this stuff

===> https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...als-2-5-a.html

It's fact - not opinion - 2.25" + X-pipe + straight-through mufflers (not baffled/chambered POS Fartmasters and the like, good grief some people's kids, lol) on modular TRUCK motors.

I'm not talking light 'stangs here - we are talking TRUCK usage - as in low-end grunt which is what most folks really need to get it done ... just like tuning - what works on a 'stang will not work optimally at all for a truck & vice-versa.

Time to suck it up and start using .

" The Spoon Department is now closed. Please proceed to the Self-Help Department, 3 doors down. Door is unlocked, but you will need to turn the **** and actually open the door yerself. Otherwise, be prepared to stand in the hallway unnoticed for a very long time."

Old 02-10-2010, 07:08 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
^^^ speaks words of wisdom

Old 02-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
YES.

Jeez buddy - there's an exhaust forum for this stuff

===> https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...als-2-5-a.html

It's fact - not opinion - 2.25" + X-pipe + straight-through mufflers (not baffled/chambered POS Fartmasters and the like, good grief some people's kids, lol) on modular TRUCK motors.

I'm not talking light 'stangs here - we are talking TRUCK usage - as in low-end grunt which is what most folks really need to get it done ... just like tuning - what works on a 'stang will not work optimally at all for a truck & vice-versa.

Time to suck it up and start using .

" The Spoon Department is now closed. Please proceed to the Self-Help Department, 3 doors down. Door is unlocked, but you will need to turn the **** and actually open the door yerself. Otherwise, be prepared to stand in the hallway unnoticed for a very long time."
Well................I figure since this is my thread and it was actually about programmers cause the exhaust just got brought up, figured i can talk about whatever the **** i want, didn't ask you to post. Call me lazy but i didn't think about it and it takes more time to hunt down a thread than to just ask. I got my answers. What n the **** would half the guys do, if no one ever asked questions anymore? I'm sure as long as this site has been around most subjects has been discussed multiple times. People asking questions is what this site is largely for i thought.

I don't ever hear wandell whining, "Use the Search....ahhh!" when he answers the same tire/wheel fitment questions day after day.

That's my opinion on the issue. Do you want to just sit on here and look at each others trucks or do you want to help guys out with truck issues.

Im sorry to be an A-hole, but i don't want to listen to that ****...you put "SEARCH" twice on this thread...would you mind backing off?

Bottom line......This is my thread...I'll ask whatever questions i want as long as i'm within the "thread/posting guidelines" and the mods don't have any issues with it.

Have some respect, don't make a big deal of this, just don't bother posting if it irritates you that much!

Old 02-11-2010, 04:15 AM

^^^ well in that case, good luck

Old 02-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well................I figure since this is my thread and it was actually about programmers cause the exhaust just got brought up, figured i can talk about whatever the **** i want, didn't ask you to post. Call me lazy but i didn't think about it and it takes more time to hunt down a thread than to just ask. I got my answers. What n the **** would half the guys do, if no one ever asked questions anymore? I'm sure as long as this site has been around most subjects has been discussed multiple times. People asking questions is what this site is largely for i thought.

I don't ever hear wandell whining, "Use the Search....ahhh!" when he answers the same tire/wheel fitment questions day after day.

That's my opinion on the issue. Do you want to just sit on here and look at each others trucks or do you want to help guys out with truck issues.

Im sorry to be an A-hole, but i don't want to listen to that ****...you put "SEARCH" twice on this thread...would you mind backing off?

Bottom line......This is my thread...I'll ask whatever questions i want as long as i'm within the "thread/posting guidelines" and the mods don't have any issues with it.

Have some respect, don't make a big deal of this, just don't bother posting if it irritates you that much!

See the little smiley (that's this here thang--> ) next to the statement about the proper venue to use? Means I was joking .

Originally Posted by Crybaby
Call me lazy
Ok - yer lazy ... purty obvious to me....

Originally Posted by 5-yer-old Crybaby
This is my thread

Originally Posted by Confuded Crybaby
And this is my opinion. For the second question, the answer is "both". I do help folks with truck issues as best I can - too bad ya never noticed ... perhaps you should use the *cough* SEARCH function, lol

Originally Posted by Lyin' Crybaby
Im sorry to be an A-hole
No, yer not.

Originally Posted by Hypocritical Crybaby
Sound like perhaps you should heed yer own advice here ...

Originally Posted by TJ
well in that case, good luck
Yep - he's gonna need it ...

OP - In closing, please try to remember that, no only did I answer your question correctly, accurately and in a timely manner, I also provided you with a very useful link to back it up.

But - I guess that doesn't count.

A little good-natured ribbing, (unfortunately not palatable for you it seems), comes along for the ride, like it or not ...

Lastly - you never once said 'thank-you', so you can add "Mannerless Peckerwood" to yer lengthy and growing list of stellar attributes

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-11-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:56 AM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jet Chips Power Programmer...Any good?