power chip questions

Old 01-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power chip questions

I understand that I can boost my horsepower with one of these things. Do they work? What is the best one for the money without spending an arm and a leg? Will my truck still pass smog if I install one? I looked at a couple on line that apparently tie into the MAF sensor circuit and they are adjustable for more power or better mileage, are these any good?

Old 01-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick47
I understand that I can boost my horsepower with one of these things. Do they work? What is the best one for the money without spending an arm and a leg? Will my truck still pass smog if I install one? I looked at a couple on line that apparently tie into the MAF sensor circuit and they are adjustable for more power or better mileage, are these any good?
Please read the "sticky" at the top of this forum, that deals with questions about programmers, then, look though some of the posts that ask, for the "millionth" time, "Which programmer should I get?"

DO NOT waste your money on $50-$75 "chips" that claim to boost horsepower, improve mileage, cure acne, and enhance your "sexual performance"! They simply lighten your wallet, nothing more.

- Jack

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: power chip questions