Problems with AdvanceTrack and RSC (Roll stability control) on 2009 F-150

Old 06-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problems with AdvanceTrack and RSC (Roll stability control) on 2009 F-150

Hi, i did some mods to my F-150 XLT 2009. 3" leveling kit in the front and 1,5" blocks in the back with 35x12,50r17 cooper stt. The problem is that since then the RSC system keeps activating every time a turn in a corner or make an u-turn. Anyone knows why keeps these happening? Hope someone can help. By the way i'm from Chile and Difor (Those are the guys who represent Ford in Chile) don't have a clue about anything.

Thank you,
cblumler.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by cblumler
Hi, i did some mods to my F-150 XLT 2009. 3" leveling kit in the front and 1,5" blocks in the back with 35x12,50r17 cooper stt. The problem is that since then the RSC system keeps activating every time a turn in a corner or make an u-turn. Anyone knows why keeps these happening? Hope someone can help. By the way i'm from Chile and Difor (Those are the guys who represent Ford in Chile) don't have a clue about anything.

Thank you,
cblumler.
I certainly won't claim to have a valid answer for you, but the combination of "roll stability control" and an aftermarket lift sounds like trouble to me. By lifting the truck, you've changed the center of gravity and made it more "unstable". I bet the stability controller is going ape trying to correct this.

- Jack

Old 06-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
X2
What he said!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Any solution

Thank you for your answers guys, but do you know how can i fix this problem? because the last thing i wanna do is going back to the original tires.
Soon i'll upload pictures and then you'll understand why, hahaha.

Thank you,
cblumler.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Does de-activating the RSC system help at all? You have to deactivate the system in 2 phases (I believe traction control goes first, then you have to hold down the RSC button for about 10 sec to get the RSC system to go off). I have only done this a few times to prevent the system from engaging in some deep snow.

This may not solve the initial problems, but may be a work around.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:41 PM
2009 Traction Control problem

I have the very same problem ... I have a 2009 F150 4X2 - I installed a 3 inch level system ... Went with 35in tires ... And when you turn downhill to the right - The TC comes on - Only the Right front wheel grabs ... The dealer said they reprogramed the computer with the biggest tire possible - But it was not a 35in tire. They put stock tires on and it stopped. So they said - There was nothing they can do. I modified it. I need HELP! What can I do???

Old 09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
My dealer told me the exact same thing, but when i was buying my truck they never said i wasn't going to be able to do mods to it. Anyway, now the only thing i can do is hope for some sort of chip to come out to the market that allows to reprogram the truck's computer for bigger wheels.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:30 PM
I know this thread is old but I just ran into this issue today with my 2010 F150.. Anyone figure out a fix for a leveled 09+ F150 with AdvanceTrac? Mine went off today when doing a U-turn on a hill so I pushed the button to turn it off and it still happened?

I read that calibrating for the larger tire size with a Gryphon would fix this issue... Anyone have results with this?

Last edited by BLACKOUT FX4; 01-17-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Go back to stock

Nothing will fix this - I fought with it for over a year - I went back to stock - Then to a 6in suspension lift from pro comp - They change everything and keep all original angles. It works. Save yourself all the misery I put myself through - You can not fix this.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I have read on here that you need to get a tuner and adjust the tire size. It has fixed the problem for others.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 PM
I thought someone said SCT could turn off the TC in a custom tune. Someone email justin@vmptuning.com and ask

Old 01-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Again - No tuner or electronic anything will fix this - I tried it all - Went into the computer and reset it to 35" tall tires on 20" wheels - All for nothing - Found the box under the center seat - Changed it's angles with washers - Pulled the wheels off and messed with the sensors - Everything minus pulling my hair out - You can turn off the switch and that works half the time - Or you can pull the fuse out - That works all the time - And the dash light will keep you awake - And you cant sell it like that. Go back to stock or 6" lift kit from Pro Comp - They guarantee it works - And it does - Because they Change all the parts - Keeping the wheels at the exact stock angles. Listen to fact - Or pull your hair out - The choice is yours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problems with AdvanceTrack and RSC (Roll stability control) on 2009 F-150