Disable PCM re-flashes :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disable PCM re-flashes :)

I found a pin to pull to disable PCM re-flashes, let me test it out and see if it works well against those unwanted dealer re-flashes. I will keep you updated.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Nice, let us know. Ill be doing this right away if it works.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
I found a pin to pull to disable PCM re-flashes, let me test it out and see if it works well against those unwanted dealer re-flashes. I will keep you updated.

Crap. And I was just getting ready to install a dummy PCM under the seat hooked up to the OBD port to fool those flash-happy ****'s

Good work, Suzook!

MGD

Old 11-08-2007, 04:03 PM
It would be kind-of-nice to have a hidden 'Flash ON/OFF' switch if you do change tunes.

I will keep you guys posted, the only problem i see right now is the IDS throwing a 'body' DTC.

Strategy : TEJF4
Filename : TEJF4P2
Module Part Number : 6U7ADKA
Vehicle: F-150
Engine Type: 3V
Capacity: 5.4L
Transmission: Automatic
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Emission level: 50 State Emission

Old 11-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Is it a pin on the OBD2 port ?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by slow
Is it a pin on the OBD2 port ?
Oh yes. I really have no use for it but i hope it works against IDS for others.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Why do people get so upset when they flash? Why don't you just flash your truck back to stock before you go in??

Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mgp32
Why do people get so upset when they flash? Why don't you just flash your truck back to stock before you go in??
No big deal if you are running canned tunes, but with custom tunes, a reflash means you have to buy new tunes and if you don't know the dealer just reflashed you PCM and reload your custom tunes... you could corrupt your PCM and not be able to return to stock, truck will not run, tow to dealer for reprogramming...

Get the idea now, hence, upset would be a understatement...

Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be keeping a eye on this thread....

Old 11-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by F150Truck'in
No big deal if you are running canned tunes, but with custom tunes, a reflash means you have to buy new tunes and if you don't know the dealer just reflashed you PCM and reload your custom tunes... you could corrupt your PCM and not be able to return to stock, truck will not run, tow to dealer for reprogramming...

Get the idea now, hence, upset would be a understatement...
Oh really! I was thinking about getting Troyer tunes after this winter but after hearing this IDK. I thought as long as you turn it to stock when you go in you will be fine becasue dont they just flash the same code you have in the truck already??

Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Suspended
Oh really! I was thinking about getting Troyer tunes after this winter but after hearing this IDK. I thought as long as you turn it to stock when you go in you will be fine becasue dont they just flash the same code you have in the truck already??
The base code on which they tweak and build the custom tunes are required for it to work. If you change the base tune with a re-flash, then you lose the ability to re-install the aftermarket tunes.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 AM
This is what I thought too.And also isn't there a strategy code on the tuner that tells you if it was changed?

Old 11-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Well that does truly Suck!!....Is a reflash something the dealership would do each time truck comes in for service? Or just when they believe its needed?

I was about to order Troyer tunes via XCAL2 as well...but this thread makes me wonder if I should now...

Last edited by 2TruckMike; 11-09-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:27 AM
I am getting tunes on a new 07 and anticipate it will have to go to the dealer sometime under warranty. I found that the small cable type gun locks work great to lock out the port and they are usually free through local law enforcement. I told my service manager about it ahead of time and the reason why. He never gave me any trouble over in fact he was very interested in the the whole thing. You could always use the excuse that you like the way your truck runs now and you are one of those that believes that "if it ain't broke, dont fix it".

Old 11-09-2007, 07:48 AM

I know you have an OBD CAN vehicle but the other pins between your OBD port and mine should be relatively the same. I would love to be able to lock out the flashing and make the dealer come to me for an explanation. Then again I don't go to the dealer unless I have no other choice. Let me know what you find out but worse case I can go back to my tuner(1.5 hour drive) and get such a situation corrected but I would like to avoid such altogether if possible.

Quick Reply: Disable PCM re-flashes :)