tune..

Old 06-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tune..

hi guys i have an 07 lariat 4x2 .. and im using an edge programmer ... every time i program my car it just kinda dies at high rpm and if i did a custom tune i can get the shift firmness thing the car just wont work well wut should i do ....

Old 07-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, even though we sell those units, and we like the parent company itself as we've had a relationship with them for the better part of 20 years, they do not work very well in a number of the 2004 & newer F-150 5.4 3V's, especially on the 2007 F-150's. Yo will see some people rave about them, and some people just hate them, and everything in between.

How well they work really depends in great measure on exactly what PCM strategy your vehicle came with from the factory. Some strategies they are OK on, others they are not.

All that aside, the proper way to get help with the unit is to call the manufacturer directly at the number you will find in their documentation, and I'm sure they will be happy to help - they are basically good people who want their customers to be satisfied, so do give them a call and give them a chance to work with you on this.

If you end up not being happy with that unit, we can provide you with a far better tune for your vehicle with our Troyer Performance custom tuning - we deliver much better raw power & performance gains, better driveability, much better transmission shift characteristics, and so many other aspects, as we go into far more depth than any off the shelf unit can do - and we have specialized in this platform for almost 16 years, far longer than anyone else on the planet - in fact, there really is nobody else that truly specializes in the F-150 platform. Tuning F-150's is not easy, it is a very hard vehicle to actually tune all of them throughly & consistently due to the hundreds of different PCM strategies each and every model year (no other vehicle has this), and so it really takes huge amounts of R&D to actually know them well enough to be able to do a top-shelf job on every different strategy.

The bottom line is, give the people at Edge a call directly and let them help you with this - at least give them a chance - and if they can get you happy with it, then great, problem solved!

And if not, then you can always give us a call and we'll be happy to help.

Best of luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tune..