Does any one custom tune the chevy 6 liter

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does any one custom tune the chevy 6 liter

My friend was very impressed in the xcalibrator (Troyer tuned) for my truck and wants the same for his Chevy 2500 with the 6 liter, so if any one knows a really good tuner for Chevy please let me know. I did tell him to buy a Ford but you know those Chevy guys, they just don't get it, HAHAHA.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know an excellent tuner for hte 6.0 liter chevy but he does not use the eXcalibrator. he does rom-tuning to the stock ecu. He is probably one of the best chevy tuners in the nation. Especially for boosted vehicles. He tunes 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0 as a specialty.

Name is Allen Nelson and he owns Nelson Performance Tuning.

http://www.nelsonperformance.com is the website.

He tuned my buddies vortech supercharged z71 and it ran 15.1. Not bad for a z71 extended cab 4x4 using the stock 7psi pulley.

Old 07-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Thumper,

Actually, we can provide the custom tuning for that 6.0 GM right now - we've been doing that for GM's for years. We will also have a couple more options coming up hardware-wise here very shortly, so yo might want to have your friend give us a call.

You know, it's funny - I grew up in a GM household, my Dad's side of the family was hard-core GM - then on my mother's side of the family, they're been working for Ford since just after WW1 - but when I went pro drag racing years ago, I ran Mopar's. So we've dealt with all of them, and almost any vehicle can be a very cool and enjoyable vehicle if it's done right - even if it's not a Ford - but we've been bleeding Ford blue here at Troyer Performance for a lot of years now, and don't own anything else.

Old 07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Westers or Nelson.

If Mike can do what he can with the Fords Id go with him.

Mike, do you guys do the extensive testing and such on Chevy's like you do with the Fords? Like with the intakes, tunes, exhaust etc. Im a Chevy man and have been considering trading my F150 for a Chevy.
Thanks

Old 07-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Bartak,

For the most part, yes - it does apply to our work on things like the various intake kit manufacturers & exhaust system manufacturers, certainly - as well as superchargers, injectors, MAF's, tuning and most other parts as well. Whenever we do a "major" round of testing, we try to include as many vehicles as we can.

Although it's also true that there's just no way for us to be quite as 100% thorough on *every* vehicle we do as we are on the FoMoCo's, we generally do more testing than most on the American-made trucks & SUV's whether they're FoMoCo's, GM's or Mopar's - especially the last few years since the GM "modular" V8 motor family (4.8, 5.3, 6.0 & 8.1) and the Mopar Hemi have come out, we've been doing more in those makes the past few years.

Overall, I think the reality is that our competence is at it's absolute best in the FoMoCo's, followed just slightly behind by the GM's, and then a little bit behind that with the Mopar's. The reality is, we do a lot of all of them, though Ford is always in the majority simply because of where I spend my personal time - I don't post on GM & Mopar web sites like I do here, for example.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Cool. Thanks Mike

Quick Reply: Does any one custom tune the chevy 6 liter