Xcalbrator 2 now shipping........

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Xcalbrator 2 now shipping........

Hello All,

It's HERE! You can now place orders for our Troyer Performance custom tuning in the new Xcalibrator 2!

The Xcal 2 was officially released by SCT late yesterday - we did not want to post that here until we got confirmation that the units actually went out the door, so you could count on that info being accurate - especially given the numerous incorrect claimed release dates posted previously by so many people.

The additional feature set of the Xcal 2 includes an LCD screen, reading & clearing DTC's, and the ability to datalog PID's. It will NOT do Air/Fuel ratio testing of course, that still requires proper testing via wideband O2 setup, as always - however, those who have purchased the portable wideband A/F ratio recorder we sell, the LM-1, can actually connect the 2 devices and thus be able to datalog even A/F's via that combination of BOTH pieces of hardware. As all of our custom tuning customers know, we provide a highly detailed (and copyrighted) 14-page set of instructions on exactly what & step-by-step on how to datalog with every custom tune we ship out.

We will be providing online ordering & complete details on the Xcal 2 on our web site within the next 24 hours, so all can see conveniently at any time - and so as to negate the never-ending litany of repetitive questions that invariably get asked here over and over again, everyone can simply view that information on our web site 24 hrs a day.

There have been many questions posted regarding pricing here - and as the vast majority of you already know, specific pricing is NOT allowed to be discussed here in this section, that is against the rules of F-150 Online. So for specific pricing info on this new unit with our custom tuning, you will need to call us - and as usual, registered members of this site get a special discount on this product loaded with our Troyer Performance custom tuning.

As we have been telling everyone for months, the current Xcalibrator will continue to be produced & available for those who want the lowest-cost solution for a custom tune-capable flash device that will work on all 1996-2005 OBD-II & CAN FoMoCo vehicles. Also, there will be an official trade-up program for owners of the first-generation Xcalibrator - that means anyone who owns the Xcalibrator will be able to trade up for the second-generation unit at a very low cost, and all the specific details on that program (& the exact cost) will be officially announced within the next 30 days (approximately) or so, just as soon as demand for the Xcal2 is met and there is sufficient production capacity to meet the needs of the trade-up program.

Those who wish to place orders for the Xcal2 can do so immediately by calling us at our number listed below - we have already been taking some advance orders for this product, as most of you here know.

To discuss something on another note just briefly................

There is of late a mistaken pattern of thought some people have been promoting here (including other competing dealers trying to gain recognition by flying in here "under the radar," and/or having their buddies make posts, etc.) & elsewhere on the Internet - that somehow all SCT dealers provide the same tuning, and/or that SCT does our custom tuning for us - that is ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Period.

We do our *own* custom tuning, and nobody else gets the results that we consistently get in these vehicles. In fact, we provide services for a number of other vendors/manufacturers, providing R&D and tuning for manufacturers of different types of performance parts for these vehicles - including supercharger manufacturers for even the newest 5.4 3V F-150's who refer people directly to us for custom tuning. As the very first & oldest official SCT distributor, and having specialized in F-150 performance for the better part of 14 years, our results are very well known in this industry. Which is why F-150 owners who want the best results come to us for their tuning, and why there are so many posts here raving about our tuning for this platform - and it's an honor to serve all of you F-series owners.

Now to get back on track...........

For those who want to place orders for the Xcalibrator 2, simply give us a quick call at our number listed below (or for those who can't call us from work, call us after hours from home & leave us a voicemail, we'll be happy to call YOU back during normal hours), our staff is already taking orders for these units. And remember, you get a special discount on our Troyer Performance custom tuning by being a REGISTERED member here at F-150 Online! So for the many of you who drop by here to read posts but who have not actually registered, we suggest that you DO register here - it's fast & completely free, you don't get spammed with emails etc., and it gets you a special status & pricing with us here at Troyer Performance on your custom tuning!

Xcalibrator 2 - it's at Troyer Performance NOW!

Old 06-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its funny. I was on the phone with someone at mike troyer and she just told me that before you got this posted. Now i just need some money.

Old 06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Former Sponsor
>>>Now i just need some money.<<<

Welcome to the club! Seems like no matter what "level" you're on, you always need more money than you have on hand.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,
Jay W. down in tallahassee, fl here. Congratulations on the release of this new product. I will undoubtedly call you soon to place my stage 1 order for my new 05 pickup.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:33 PM
nice! Im going to be calling for a price quote today!!

Old 06-01-2005, 04:42 PM
wow, its finally here.......
but I just paid an arm and a leg two months ago for the first XCAL and have it dyno tuned.............($650.00 to be exact)
Not sure if I want to pay with my other arm and leg for one......

Old 06-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Definately going to get one for the 05 Mustang GT as soon as I find a tuner I trust.

I wish Mike did mustangs as well.... :o

I would assume that I can still data log on the truck???

Old 06-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by sranger
I just thought of that question as well. can you datalog and pull codes on differnt vehicles?

Old 06-01-2005, 06:29 PM
The datalogging is not vin locked, and will work on any compatible vehicle.

Ryan

Old 06-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definately going to get one for the 05 Mustang GT as soon as I find a tuner I trust.

I wish Mike did mustangs as well.... :o

Look no further!!!
Mike does do Mustangs!!!
He tuned my '03 Cobra and with minimum, and I mean minimum mods which included only a 4# lower pulley, 10" open air intake, and his custom tuned single program Superchip, the car went 11.60 @ 122MPH!! ( you should know that none of the tuning for this vehicle was done on a dyno)It took Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords twice the mods I had to run those numbers!!!
Mike is undoubtedly the "BEST F------ TUNER THERE IS!!!

Old 06-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi SRanger,

As you can see from Marc Carpenter's rather enthusiastic response, we DO indeed tune Mustangs, and have tuned plenty of the new 2005 Mustangs as well - so we can take care of that for you, no problem!

By the way - we have been tuning all of Marc's vehicles for the past 5+ years or so now, if memory serves - we've tuned his F-150's, his Cobra, his Lightning, & every other FoMoCo vehicle he's had during the time we've known each other. And he's not kidding, we have beat the pants off of every magazine article where the same vehicle was modified, we've gone faster AND quicker with less mods - we did that with his Lightning, as well as with his 2003 mid-11 second Cobra - he went mid-11's with just our 4# pulley, our air intake kit, and our tuning (without giving up reliability), and that is something to this day we still have not seen anyone else do with that few mods (to the best of our knowledge, I should say). Now to be fair, that happened NOT just because of our expertise, but also due to the fact that Marc is a very experienced & seasoned driver - he's drag raced just about everything there is, cuts a mean light, & can shift a 4, 5 or even 6-speed tranny like a Ronny Sox - he's a driver.

Back on topic - yes, you CAN still use the XCal2 to datalog virtually any other OBD-II FoMoCo vehicle even AFTER you have used it to tune the vehicle it was programmed for - for example, let's say you have a Lightning that has been tuned that you want to datalog, and you order the XCal 2 from us for the Mustang - you can tune the Mustang, and STILL go datalog the Lightning with the same XCal 2.

The XCal2's capabilities in this regard are simply unparalleled - never before has this kind of capability all in one package been available. You'll love it.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Very Cool....

That is great news. I never saw where you tuned the mustangs before, you might want to mention it some where on your web site. As you know I am skeptical by nature and I like the fact that your tunes ( and parts ) not only worked as advertised, but actually worked noticable better than advertised. That is a quality that is hard to find these days. You are one of the few I would trust to tinker with my new toy...

I do want to add a few mods to the mustang, but I am still deciding on what to go with....

I am thinking about starting with a CAI and a XCalibrator 2. I am thinking about the C&L CAI Kit. The exhaust note is fairly sweet as it is, so I do not really want to change it. I will probably get a set of wide band sensors so that I can log the A/F results on my laptop and send you the results...

Of course, I am still tinkering with the idea of a Saleen super charger kit. This is what I really want, 400hp with only 5psi of boost. However, I do not like the way Saleen installs the tune. They basically have you remove the CPU and send it to them. They load the tune and return it... Obviously not the best way to go. If I decided to go this route, I would probably have to make a trip to Virginia..... ( Would not be a bad road trip though... )

I do not know if you have tuned one of the 05 with the new 5 speed automatic or not, I have hear from several tuners that they are a little tricky to get right. I know I know, I got the auto for the wife, but I have to admit that this is the sweetest auto I have ever driven, Although I doubt that the input shaft could handle more that 350-400hp...

Anyway, I'll give you guys a call once I make up my mind what I want to do...

Thanks again....I Have more thinking to do....

P.S. you would be suprized at how well the truck stood up to a match between my 05 and the F150 with your stage 1.5 kit. The mustang won of course, but everyone at the track ( including my guest driver ) was very suprised at how close the race was. It was only an 1/8 mile and the mustang would have of course destroyed the truck in the 1/4...

Old 06-05-2005, 01:43 AM

P.S. you would be suprized at how well the truck stood up to a match between my 05 and the F150 with your stage 1.5 kit. The mustang won of course, but everyone at the track ( including my guest driver ) was very suprised at how close the race was. It was only an 1/8 mile and the mustang would have of course destroyed the truck in the 1/4...
sranger - I too have an '05 Mustang GT (5 sp mtx) with the JLT CAI/Xcalibrator (DPG Tune), Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda ud pullies.....and (sorry to say) my '05 F-150 with Magnflow SIDO wouldn't even stand a chance against it....I'm actually surprised at how "slow" this 5.4L 3V engine is....I was just drivng the GT this morning and noting how it would pulverize my F-150.....now to be fair we are talkiing a heavier truck against a modded GT...but I would have thought the 3v 5.4 litre would have had more "uumph".....,,,but I'm not done with it yet....I have the AF1 coming and will be speaking with Mike about a tune.....still a bit sore about recently purchasing an Xcalibrator (I) and not knowing the (II) was being released - going to have to call SC and ask about that "cost effective upgrade program" from the XCI to the XCII.
Anyway - please post your results on the Troyer setup - seems I'll be heading that direction as well...Mike really appears to know what he is doing.......that is IF I continue to do business with SCT - I'm leaning towards the diablo as a result of my Xcalibrator (I) purchase......

Old 06-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Go figure lol...The truck is what like 1500 lbs more with a manual trans i would assume lol...

Old 06-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Hook a 5000 pound trailer up and try the race again