Hey mike

Old 05-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey mike

Tried calling you today, and could not get ahold of you is this still you #? 540-862-9515.
Well mabey you can answer my question on here, does the regular base program for a L on the 1715 turn torque reduction off, or does it stay on? I calles superchips and could not get a straite answer out of them.

thanks
brian

Old 05-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Brian,

Hmm, sorry you had a hard time reaching us, and yes, that is our phone number. We have just added some additional incoming lines today, so that shouldn't be an issue from now on.

Yes, the newer 1715's in it's 4 PSI pulley tune, does remove the torque mgmt for the Lightning - we prefer that you have the 70% of power that is lost during a full throttle 1-2 upshift. The only potential downside i if you drag race with slicks, so the tires can't "chirp" on the full-throttle 1-2, AND you also do NOT have a shift kit, FTVB or line mod valve installed - then in that scenario, you can potentially see some small amount of increased wear on the clutches.

An easy fix is to just install one of our line mod valves so the tranny can flow enough fluid volume to fill the oncoming clutch quick enough that it doesn't burn if you don't "chirp" the tires on a full-throttle upshift. That's very cheap & easy to do, and takes care of that potential concern. I did exactly that on my 11-second Lightning 3 years ago.

If you want more info on that, or to order one, just give us a quick call, or you can shoot us an email with your name & number & we can call you, etc. I thought we had added that in our Transmission section on our web site, but I just checked & it's not there - so we'll try to get that added to our site over this next weekend, so it'll be available 24 hrs. a day.

Thanks for your post, & talk to you soon!

Old 05-21-2004, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the newer 1715's in it's 4 PSI pulley tune, does remove the torque mgmt for the Lightning - we prefer that you have the 70% of power that is lost during a full throttle 1-2 upshift. The only potential downside i if you drag race with slicks, so the tires can't "chirp" on the full-throttle 1-2, AND you also do NOT have a shift kit, FTVB or line mod valve installed - then in that scenario, you can potentially see some small amount of increased wear on the clutches
So if it is just the preformance tune, the only tune I have, the torque reduction is left on. I am kinda of concerned about this because I have heard of a couple L tranny's going bad because they chip or tuner they had turned the torque reduction off, and I just want to be on the safe side. I am thinking of doing a line mod or a FTVB, heard that both are great mods.

Thanks for the info
Brian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey mike