want to eliminate your top speed limiter..try this..

Old 09-19-1999, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up want to eliminate your top speed limiter..try this..

when i got my rig last july 9 1999. it was a 2wd f150 4.2 v6 auto supercab xlt w the class 3 package...i did experiment a bit on the concept of relearning or should i say retraining the computer to extend the top speed limiter...having own chevy's dodge's , toyota's and isuzu's..i have quite a few success in sort of a retraining the computer preprogram in limiting the top speed of a rig..what i did is a RISKY thing!! it might end u up with a high speed ticket. but since when i moved over here in the philippines since 1991, there is no such thing as a speed limit in the highway or freeway here..you can go as fast as u want priovided your vehicle doesnt have the DREADED STATE SIDE TOP SPEED LIMITER...enough of the chit chat,,,,, here's what i did..
1. with the engine cold from a overnight shut off...disconnect the negative terminal of the battery...leave it disconnected for about 10 mins.
2. reconnect the negative terminal..then start the engine the normal way..( follow the owners manual in starting if u want to be specific).
3. let it idle and reach normal operating temp.
4. turn off the overdrive button...the OFF should light up indicating the overdrive is disconnected.
5.proceed to drive to a freeway or highway with the overdrive off and the airconditioning off.
6. make sure there is no black and white or blue car lurking in some corner...floor your pedal to the metal BUT do not engage your overdrive.
7. do not worry ur engine will not overrev!!! try to reach 100mph or more...maintain that speed for about 5 to 10 seconds if u can..
8.then slow down and your rig is taught computerally ignoring the top speed limiter...
9. you can normally shut off the engine and drive it again. normally..
10. do not disconnect any baterry terminal or u will have to repeat this procedure again..

i was able to past thru 100mph on my 4.2 v6 rig...a friends 4x4 4.6 lauriat 1999 had the 95mph speed limiter and i suggested to him this and we were able to drove past 95 to 100mph...
talked to a ford technician over here and he wouldnt comment on what we did...we ask him if he could eliminate the top speed limiter and he said he has to have permission from his a%%ho%% supervisor to do it by "reprograming my friends rig...

do not try this steps if there's a lot of cops cruisingf in ur freeway...

Old 09-19-1999, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't mean to "burst your bubble", so to speak, but what you've done will not have any effect on your top speed limiter. Your limiter is set at anywhere from 98 to 108 mph from the factory, and is set to match the speed rating of your tire and wheel combo, as equipped from the factory. So it's easy for a V-6 F-150 to do 105 mph or more, and it's easy to have a V-8 that won't exceed 98 mph. The top speed limiter is a completely different function from the rev limiter, and will work in any gear that will allow the vehicle to reach that speed, so whether the vehicle is in Overdrive or not doesn't matter, the top speed limiter is still functioning.

And your local Ford dealer cannot remove the top speed limiter either, unless they are dealing in aftermarket products, such as a Superchip or Hypertech or what have you.

Our bests to all,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 09-20-1999, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe ur right, mike. but what the heck...as long as a rig can do 95mph ot 100mph...thas fine with me...traffic here is ridiculous anyway....

Old 09-20-1999, 01:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI Danny!

It reminds me of Hawaii....I was in Hawaii for a number of years before it was even made a state back in 1959, and the highest speed limit on any of the HI islands was 45 mph. Yet people bought musclecars and there was a street racing sceen that was unbelieveable way back then!

Bests,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: want to eliminate your top speed limiter..try this..