Q for Mike T.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-1999, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Q for Mike T.

Mike
tried to "catch" you on another post, but you were too quick! My question concerns throttle
response on 4x4. Heard that to get "full" response on a 4x4, you had to be in Auto4 or
4x4. Is this for real? Do you know? I use auto4 when the road is sloppy but otherwise 2x...THX
Rick

Old 09-20-1999, 02:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI Rick,

As I understand your question, that isn't going to make any difference that I know of, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me! For example, some people think that it makes a difference in acceleration times at WOT (wide-open throttle)whether you are in Overdrive or not, and it doesn't. Now, if you are asking me if there is anything in the factory program that reduces power available when in any particular mode, I'm not specifically aware of any based on whether you are in 4X4, 4X2, low range, high range, or what have you. It wouldn't surprise me, however, to learn that power is reduced in transitional areas during low range operation, for example. They do spark retards during and after upshifts, etc., on most of their vehicles, so it wouldn't surprise me to learn that they did something to reduce power in other areas.

I hope I answered your question without causing too much confusion!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 09-20-1999).]

Quick Reply: Q for Mike T.