Microtuner Max vs. Microtuner Max Custom SCT

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Microtuner Max vs. Microtuner Max Custom SCT

Didn't see any posts about this so i'll just ask. What is the difference between these too tuners, the 1715 that has been around and everyone seems to have - and the new 9100 Custom Tuner - http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...catalogno=9100

It appears to me the gains are the same - the 9100 just allows for more flexability and future mods. does that about sum it up?

03 Supercrew, 4.6L, 3.55LS, No Performance Mods Yet.

My Gallery - https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3618

Old 03-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no

thecustom tuner is designed around your pcm code and will give the maximum hp and tq

Old 03-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi DS,

Glad you dropped by to ask, I'll try to clear that up for you.........

First - and this is just an FYI, so you'll know - there are actually numerous posts right here about that. Anytime you want information on something here, use the search feature to retrieve that info. That's your key to instantly accessing anything and everything that has ever been discussed here, without having to manually search each and every thread here (which can be tedious & time-consuming, I know) - you can filter your search and get to exactly what you want very quickly.

Next - even for a bone-stock vehicle there is always more power and performance gain available by having us do an in-depth custom tune. There is no comparison between those 2 different products (well, aside from the fact that they can both flash the PCM), as they are designed for different purposes & types of tuning, have different features & capabilities, etc.

The 1715 Micro Tuner is for vehicles that will never have what I would call "significant" modifications (more than simple intake, exhaust, fans & pulleys, etc.) and/or for those vehicle owners that do not want the benefit of an in-depth custom tune to get maximum power and performance gains, and the ultimate flexibility and unlimited possibilities that custom tuning gives.
The 1715 Micro Tuner is a very nice piece, and does a very nice job of delivering solid power and performance gains in stock to lightly modified vehicles.

But it's not an in-depth custom tune, and cannot be compared to such.

What has to be remembered is that while every program in the 1715 Micro Tuner is made for each individual vehicle's exact PCM software revision, it's still what we refer to as a "standard' tune - for example, they are designed to work with either 91 octane west coast premium fuels or the 93-94 octane east coast premium fuels- or for another example, the 3 different tunes that are in the 1715 for say, a 2000 5.4 F-150 automatic with a PCM code of ATC2 are the same for every other ATC2-code vehicle. Now because there are 3 different tunes for each different PCM code, this works very well, better than any other similar style of product on the market. But that is not the same as a true custom tune, nor will it get the same power & performance gains as we get in our custom tunes - even in a bone-stock vehicle, there are additional HP & performance gains we can make.

Most people here are using the 1715 Micro Tuner simply because its been available for far longer than the custom-tune capable Micro Tuner, which, as you already know, is a much newer device. It (the custom tune unit) also has very restricted access - only those of us who are actually SCT-authorized (I.E., not just any Superchips dealer can have it) have access to those products, as only we have the experience, knowledge, tools and the in-house capability to do that tuning from scratch.

There are other differences, such as single-bank versus 4-bank, etc., but those are details that take far too long to type it all out - for those and any other details, please give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be more than happy to go over that with you thoroughly.

One thing we recommend doing, even for those with bone-stock vehicles who won't be doing "significant" mods in the future, is to give us a call so we can go over the details of your individual vehicle's computer code, and that way we can let you know just how much more you can expect from having us to a detailed custom tune versus using the 1715 Micro Tuner.

Hopefully that should clear things up a bit for you DS, & please don't hesitate to give us a call to go over this in more detail, and go over your truck's PCM code, etc., so you'll have a good idea of just exactly what each product will do for *your* F-150.

Have a great weekend,

Quick Reply: Microtuner Max vs. Microtuner Max Custom SCT