? about Wesley's Bleach White.

Old 11-08-2002, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? about Wesley's Bleach White.

I bought some Wesley's bleach white to clean my tires. They have alot of excess tire shine on them from the summer/fall seasons.. My question is, will the bleach white hurt my polished aluminum wheels if I get any on them? I've never used this stuff before. So I thought I'd ask just to make sure I don't screw up my wheels.

Old 11-08-2002, 11:13 PM
i use bleache white and i have factory grey painted rims. I keep them waxed very much though. I spray the bleache white on the sidewallls, let sit for about 5 mins and youll see the green/ brown stuff running down the sidewalls, then scrub with a brush, then rinse. Bleache white wont make them shine, it will just make the tiers look new and really clean. Wait till tires are completely dry, then top off with Armor All Detailers Advantage tire shine, and..
-Patrick

Old 11-08-2002, 11:16 PM
its bad for your tires.. just throw it away and learn from the experience..

Dana

Old 11-08-2002, 11:32 PM
I've used Wesley's for over 10 years now and never had any problems with my rims or tires. I mainly spray it on the white lettering, let it sit for a minute or so and use a small bristle brush to scrub the lettering.... then I rinse it off thouroughly. The letters on my tires come out nice and white. I usually do this step first, before washing my truck. If you use a polish or some type of wax on your rims, just to ensure protection.... a good idea any ways. You shouldn't have any problems. It doesn't take but a minute or less for Wesley's to work on your tires and as previously stated by Green_98, it will take some of that shine off and make them look new. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-09-2002, 12:37 AM
So it shoul'nt hurt my polished aluminum wheels if I get any on them, right? I think there is a clear film over the aluminum wheels that protects the finish. Does anyone know?

Old 11-09-2002, 12:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: ? about Wesley's Bleach White.

Originally posted by Peacemaker
I bought some Wesley's bleach white to clean my tires. They have alot of excess tire shine on them from the summer/fall seasons.. My question is, will the bleach white hurt my polished aluminum wheels if I get any on them? I've never used this stuff before. So I thought I'd ask just to make sure I don't screw up my wheels.
I try to keep it off any rims. I use a seperate Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner on them. I haven't heard of any damage or experienced any damage from Wesley's but I know it'll streak rims.

Originally posted by dboat
its bad for your tires.. just throw it away and learn from the experience..

Dana
They changed formulas. The new formula won't hurt tires.

Old 11-09-2002, 01:01 AM
So you're saying it won't damage my wheels, but it will streak them. Well, say if by mistake I get some on my wheels and they streak, would a cleaner wax take the streaks out?

Old 11-09-2002, 10:53 AM
Re: Re: ? about Wesley's Bleach White.

Originally posted by Intel486
I try to keep it off any rims. I use a seperate Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner on them. I haven't heard of any damage or experienced any damage from Wesley's but I know it'll streak rims.

They changed formulas. The new formula won't hurt tires.
Thanks Intel.. I got my info over on Autopia and they are pretty down on the product from what I have seen..

Old 11-09-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Peacemaker
So you're saying it won't damage my wheels, but it will streak them. Well, say if by mistake I get some on my wheels and they streak, would a cleaner wax take the streaks out?
Nope, it won't hurt the wheels. If it does streak the rims, then it should wash off. I've never experienced streaking before but another pro warmed me it can.

I wet the whole wheel and tire down, then spray on my wheel cleaner and then spray on wesley's bleche-wite and scrub the tire. I then scrub the wheel and hose it all down.

Originally posted by dboat
Thanks Intel.. I got my info over on Autopia and they are pretty down on the product from what I have seen..
Some of them use it. Most of them don't use it because they didn't know the formula was changed to remove the chlorinated bleach. I learned that info from another Pro detailer.

Old 11-09-2002, 02:08 PM
Thanks again Intel.

Old 11-12-2002, 01:44 PM
Test it on an aluminum can first if you're worried

Old 11-13-2002, 09:52 AM
i use it on my tires and i have painted rims---no streaks or problems here, just great lookin tires

Old 11-16-2002, 12:44 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, I bought some tonight... we'll give her a whirl and see how it does...

Is it okay to spray on and work in with a nylon brush then rinse?

RP

Old 11-16-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Well, I bought some tonight... we'll give her a whirl and see how it does...

Is it okay to spray on and work in with a nylon brush then rinse?

RP
I use it by spraying the tire/wheel with water. I then spray on the wesley's and work the whitewalls, white letters with a brass bristled brush. I then go over it again w/ a nylon brush. I then rinse it off.

Old 11-16-2002, 04:54 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Intel.

RP

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ? about Wesley's Bleach White.