Help with Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Zaino

Ok, I've heard about it. I've read about it. Now I want to do it. I've been pleased with Meguiars line of professional line, but would like to try something new. Can someone give me a list of products I will need, the steps to do it, and the cost.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-17-2002, 01:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.properautocare.com/

Get klasse All-In-one and Klasse Sealant Glaze. Will look great on a color like your truck is!

Old 06-17-2002, 08:58 AM
A basic Zaino package will consist of:

Z-5 Polish
ZFX Accelerator
Z-6 Gloss Enhancer
Z-7 Car Wash

Go to Zaino's website for application instructions and some nifty tricks to further enhance the shine.

Old 06-17-2002, 12:08 PM
intel is right. get the klasse since your truck is a dark color. mine is dark amazon green and it looks awesome since i used klasse.thx again intel for pointing me in the right direction...

Old 06-17-2002, 01:32 PM
Another vote for Klasse!

Old 06-18-2002, 05:26 PM
I have the Zaino product on light color vehicles. I have read many say to use the Klause on dark colors. How many coats of Klause do you need to put on, how long in between coats, and does it last as long as Zaino. The Zaino ZXF is great, because it allows you to put four coats on in about two hours and be done. Don't you have to wait 24 hours for repeat coats of the Klause?

Old 06-18-2002, 06:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by haze10
I have the Zaino product on light color vehicles. I have read many say to use the Klause on dark colors. How many coats of Klause do you need to put on, how long in between coats, and does it last as long as Zaino. The Zaino ZXF is great, because it allows you to put four coats on in about two hours and be done. Don't you have to wait 24 hours for repeat coats of the Klause?
Ummm... you are only suppose to put three coats of ZXF'ed zaino on in a 24hours time period.

It is Klasse not Klause

You need to put atleast 3 coats of Klasse SG on, For best shine put 5 coats of Klasse SG. After 5 coats you get diminishing returns.

I klassed my truck 6 months ago and that is all I did for it. I washed it about two times weekly. There was still Klasse SG on my truck two weeks ago when I stripped the Klasse! My paint also had no oxidation on it. When I was polishing it I could not tell a difference between areas that I had not polished yet. Klasse really does seal the paint it!

Most people I know who use Zaino are always applying coats to their vehicles. Some do two or three a month (most put atleast one coat on a month) and then they tell me, "ohh yhea, Zaino lasts a long time. I've had it on my truck 8 months now" Yes, you have had zaino on your truck for 8 months but you keep reapplying it so we have no clue how long it really lasts! I didn't apply any additional coats of Klasse SG after I applied the 5th coat those many months ago. Klasse SG really does last and I live in a very harsh enviroment for wax. We have heat, humidity, and lots of rain!

Klasse you have to let have a 24 hours cure period. The best suggestion I have is to apply a coat after each wash. Spend a weekend prepping your truck (Clay, polishing, etc.) and then apply a coat of Klasse SG. Then the next time you wash it do another coat of Klasse SG. Before you know it you'll have 3 or 5 coats of Klasse on your truck.

Klasse is also cheaper than Zaino. Give Klasse a try!

Old 06-22-2002, 09:42 PM
Thumbs up

intel is right just got done with the aio andfirst coat of sg my black looks so much richer ,by the way i have to thank intel for turnig me on to klasse.i love the look , and can't wait till i get a couple more coats of sg on .wished i knew about this stuff when my truck was new. thanks intel

Old 06-23-2002, 10:57 AM
Zanio is great. Do your first application on a 3 day weekend so you have plenty of time to apply multiple coats. On my first application I applied a coat every 8 hours. The Zaino does last. I drive my truck in the winter and it still shines in the spring. The truck will even shine when its dirty. I wish i could say the same about the chrome. I have always felt that a deep shine and long lasting protection is not an over night deal or a simple process. I noticed a rock chip on the flare side a while back and it didn't even touch the paint. It only left a dimple in the Zanio, very impressive.

PS my signature pic was taken after I purchased the truck and before I applied the Zanio. Go to my gallery to see the Zanio pics.

My Gallery

Quick Reply: Help with Zaino