Streak free interior glass cleaner and towel??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 12:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've tried many products and many towels. Even tried newspaper, but I believe that is a myth.

What do you use for streak free interior glass?

I've never had the results I've been looking for. Slightest bit of humidity and you can see streak marks on all interior glass.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:56 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
<p>I think newspaper is a myth too, as is using Coca Cola.</p><p>I normally use Windex or Glass Plus on exterior glass, applied and removed with paper towels. But, then I really scrub the glass with a clean, dry paper towel to remove all traces of residue. That seems to work for me.</p><p>For inside glass, I normally use distilled water. again applied and removed with paper towels. This is because much of my glass has tint film on it and you have to be careful with it. Since bugs don't hit the inside, and nobody smokes in my vehicles, distilled water seems to do the trick. I HAVE added 91% isopropyl alcohol to the water to make a 10% solution, but this doesn't seem to be needed too often.</p><p>The inside of the windshield is a special problem, but I've found that I can usually clean it with an applicator I found in a store several years ago. It has a handle and a swivel head that is covered with a microfiber cloth. Again, though, the key is to remove all remaining residue, even with distilled water.</p><p>- Jack</p>

Last edited by JackandJanet; 09-21-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
<p>I think newspaper is a myth too, as is using Coca Cola.</p><p>I normally use Windex or Glass Plus, applied and removed with paper towels. But, then I really scrub the glass with a clean, dry paper towel to remove all traces of residue. That seems to work for me.</p><p>- Jack</p>
Jack,

I've also tried that, too. I found the paper towels left a lot of fibers all over the windows. And no matter how much I tried, it would just push the fibers around and not lift them from the glass.

I also tried using microfiber towels too. They left a lot more streaking than the paper towels but without the fibers.

Gonna look at Walmart today and see if I can find anything. My windows are obviously cleaner than the average used car, but I guess I'm looking for perfection haha.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
<p>Sorry, I was adding to my previous post when you last posted. Have you tried distilled water?</p><p>- Jack</p>

Old 09-21-2015, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
<p>Sorry, I was adding to my previous post when you last posted. Have you tried distilled water?</p><p>- Jack</p>
Thanks Jack! I'll give the distilled water a try.

For exterior glass, I apply rain X to all of them. Works great and I like how the rain water doesn't sit on the Windows as a sheet, but beads up like a freshly waxed paint. Wiper chatter can get annoying if too much is applied though.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Invisible Glass is the best product I have used. Must use it with a clean micro fiber towel.

When I was doing car shows, the news paper worked, but only to clean the streaks left after a normal cleaning. It does not work well for basic cleaning.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:24 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Have you tried Stoner's Invisible Glass? There are microfibers that are made specifically for glass too.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by glc
Have you tried Stoner's Invisible Glass? There are microfibers that are made specifically for glass too.
Thanks, I'll take a look for that today as well.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw this the other day but haven't tested it out yet.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by MILLERTIMEUSCG
Saw this the other day but haven't tested it out yet.

How to Super Clean the INSIDE of Your Windshield (No Streaks) - YouTube
Gonna give that a try, thanks for the link. Also picked up some stoner's invisible glass today.

I'll give it a wipe down with a microfiber towle, wipe it with 91% isopropol alcohol and then go over it with the stoner's invisible glass.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:49 PM
Also it is important that the glass is cool and in the shade.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:24 PM
Stoners makes some great products.

More Shine: Tire dressing that isn't shiny, it just makes the tires look new

Trim Shine: Makes the black plastics look new. I used to say "Spray it on and walk away" Now that saying is on the can. Did they use my saying?

Invisible Glass: Best glass cleaner I've ever used

Waiting for them to come out with a product that says "Double your Mileage" I'll buy a case

Old 09-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Sprayway is my glass cleaner of choice...started using it years ago when I worked in a body shop...alot of glass shops use it...

I found that microfiber towels work great with it...and paper towels too...but if its been a while, and I have the film inside of the windshield of the truck, then I have to clean it twice...

It used to be hard to find, but Sam's Club now sells it in a 3 pack, and Target even carries it I believe...Stoner's is pretty good too...

Old 09-23-2015, 07:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use "Stoners Invisible Glass" also.. It works very well and its window tint safe too. All my interior glass is tinted except the windshield and never had a problem.

Usually I use paper towels then follow with a micro fiber for a final buff.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:14 AM

Thanks everyone. My interior glass is now cleaner than ever.

I first used 91% isopropol alcohol to wipe down and break down any film. I then scrubbed it well with stoners invisible glass and wiped off (used special lint free paper towels made for glass), then I buffed with a clean dry microfiber towel. I actually repeated that whole process twice.

Before, when "clean" is would still show steaks in the sun. Now, it's actually clean.

Quick Reply: Streak free interior glass cleaner and towel??