Need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help

I dont know what caused the marks but it is on the paint above the window and runs down the window,any ideas on how to clean it off? i have only tried just soap and water so far and that didnt help at all. Thanks

Old 03-27-2015, 04:05 AM
It looks like hard water stains. From what I know, water on the window that dries directly under the heat can leave those marks (it kinda etches the water on the glass). Yeah, soap and water doesn't get it off. There are ways to address it, some use vinegar to sort of melt and wipe it off, or Windex (but others say it doesn't do it) and even resolve to use a #0000 steel wool pad (some say this works). Either way, i hope something works for you. It would be a bummer to replace windows just because of hard water stains.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:15 AM
just used a vinegar/water mix and it looks like it cleaned it off. Going to run it through a car wash real quick to get the vinegar off and make sure it doesnt come back. Thank you

Old 03-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by hoss66
just used a vinegar/water mix and it looks like it cleaned it off. Going to run it through a car wash real quick to get the vinegar off and make sure it doesnt come back. Thank you
If that doesn't work, you can also give clay or a mild polish a shot. An over the counter polish like Meguiar's Ultimate Polish would work well by hand.

Bar keepers friend would be good on the glass, but not for the paint.

Good luck.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:17 PM

Here is a pic of the truck. That window was like that when i bought it but i didnt notice until i got home. Since i bought it out of state i wasnt going to drive back and make them clean it. I knew somebody on here could point me in the right direction. Thanks again guys

Old 03-27-2015, 02:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hoss66
You might wanna apply some wax or sealant over the areas you used the V/W. Theres a good chance it removed what ya had on the vehicle.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:21 PM
Ran it through the car wash and the stains are gone. Once it warms up a bit i will probably just wax the whole truck.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had hard water spots on another car a few years back.

What worked for me is I bought some Zaino glass polish, it actually is almost like a compound for glass and uses abrasives. Worked that in, it worked. I don't know if it would damage a tinted window though?

Brian