Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW Carpro Immortal - Seal Healing Clear Coat

Self-healing polymer coating
Just announced at SEMA 2014

http://carpro-immortal.com

Old 11-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This technology has actually been out there a while. The overall durability of the clear was a big question though.... interesting to see that they're still working down this path and, hopefully, the technology has come a long way since the first time I saw this idea.

Nice post...

Old 11-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I was given a can of paste "wax" that was from a Russian company back around 1996. I put it on my LSC that I still own and admittedly, it's a garage queen. But the car still looks like I just finished detailing it. Water will not stick to it at all. Scratches just go away. Occasionally I'll just take a terry cloth towel and polish it and it looks like new. I'd love to know what it was that I used and the company that was going to import the stuff went bottoms up. If this is anything like what I have, I'm a player for it. The Russian stuff was crazy to put on, it went on hard as in you all but had to push it into the paint. Once it hazed, you took a terry cloth and buffed it out. Let it sit for four hours and it would haze again. Buff it out and forget it. A pain to put on and buff but once you've applied it, you won't do it again. That was almost 20 years ago. Wonder what the life of this is supposed to be?

Just found their website. YOU can't apply this. It's applied in a paint booth. That means it's gonna be expensive.

Last edited by Labnerd; 11-19-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Quick Reply: NEW Carpro Immortal - Seal Healing Clear Coat