The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades and Glass Treatment

Old 10-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades and Glass Treatment

Snow, ice, freezing rain, and frigid temperatures make winter driving treacherous; nevertheless you're prepared, right? But what about your wiper blades?

If they're the same ones that baked on your windshield all summer then you could be in for problems. How do you know if your wiper blades are any good? At no time of the year is seeing out of your windshield more important, and more difficult, than in winter. Quality wiper blades should evenly and effectively squeegee water out of their path in both directions no matter what speed you're going. Soft rubber compounds necessary for wiper performance are always under attack by road grit, the sun, acid rain, tree sap, ice, and especially winter salt. Arm your car or truck with Rain-X Glass Treatment and Rain-X wipers.

Rain-X Latitude 8-In-1 Wiper Blades are the ultimate blades for sleet and snow. Unlike conventional wiper blade frames, the Latitude's beam design won't collect ice and snow, which can freeze conventional frames to the point where the blade no longer contacts the windshield. With Latitude blades you won't have to interrupt your trip to clear ice and snow from wiper blade frames, only to have them freeze again. You can check the presentation of this product here:

Rain-X® - Latitude™ Wiper Blade

Another wiper blades Rain-X offers are Weatherbeater™ 22" Wiper Blade.

Rain-X® - Weatherbeater™ Wiper Blade

Also Rain-X develops a line of related glass care products. Because Rain-X Glass Treatment requires the glass surface to be perfectly clean, Rain-X X-treme Clean is the perfect glass cleaner. It removes dirt, grime, and bugs, plus build-up that other cleaners leave behind, from glass and clear plastic. Rain-X 2-In-1 Glass Cleaner not only cleans, it also applies a rain repellent to improve wet weather driving. Click here to see how exactly it works:

Rain-X® - Glass Treatment

Check an article on our website to learn more about these products: The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades

And are you ready for the winter?

Old 11-02-2014, 05:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by carid
Snow, ice, freezing rain, and frigid temperatures make winter driving treacherous; nevertheless you're prepared, right? But what about your wiper blades?

If they're the same ones that baked on your windshield all summer then you could be in for problems. How do you know if your wiper blades are any good? At no time of the year is seeing out of your windshield more important, and more difficult, than in winter. Quality wiper blades should evenly and effectively squeegee water out of their path in both directions no matter what speed you're going. Soft rubber compounds necessary for wiper performance are always under attack by road grit, the sun, acid rain, tree sap, ice, and especially winter salt. Arm your car or truck with Rain-X Glass Treatment and Rain-X wipers.

Rain-X Latitude 8-In-1 Wiper Blades are the ultimate blades for sleet and snow. Unlike conventional wiper blade frames, the Latitude's beam design won't collect ice and snow, which can freeze conventional frames to the point where the blade no longer contacts the windshield. With Latitude blades you won't have to interrupt your trip to clear ice and snow from wiper blade frames, only to have them freeze again. You can check the presentation of this product here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqMcVY7FKqk

Rain-X® - Latitude™ Wiper Blade

Another wiper blades Rain-X offers are Weatherbeater™ 22" Wiper Blade.

Rain-X® - Weatherbeater™ Wiper Blade

Also Rain-X develops a line of related glass care products. Because Rain-X Glass Treatment requires the glass surface to be perfectly clean, Rain-X X-treme Clean is the perfect glass cleaner. It removes dirt, grime, and bugs, plus build-up that other cleaners leave behind, from glass and clear plastic. Rain-X 2-In-1 Glass Cleaner not only cleans, it also applies a rain repellent to improve wet weather driving. Click here to see how exactly it works: Rain-X - Original Glass Treatment - YouTube

Rain-X® - Glass Treatment

Check an article on our website to learn more about these products: The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades

And are you ready for the winter?
While I've always used rain x and like it. Those blades didn't last more than a month before streaking. I do not over use them, and my windshield is always clean. I've gotten so much more life out of the Bosch blades.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:22 AM
^^^^ X2 ^^^^

Old 11-03-2014, 05:56 PM
^^^^!!!! X3 !!!!^^^^

Bosch for the win.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:35 PM
^^^X4^^^
Just about to go out and buy another set for the Edge, they only lasted since July....

Old 12-15-2015, 09:43 AM
Former Sponsor
Now when snowy season has arrived, it's especially important to stay safe and keep road visibility on the highest level. We are here to remind you about wiper blades and their importance in every drivers life.

Finding the right blades that fit the shape, size, and curve of your windshield is not a simple task. Don't wait until bad weather will knock in your door. Get a fresh set of window wipers beforehand!

Be winter smart and don't risk your safety and the safety of your passengers. Millions of drivers all over the world prefer Rain-X wipers over the others. Follow this link to find all Rain-X products: http://www.carid.com/rain-x/

Leave your inquiries below to become one of them!

Old 12-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I bought a set of Motorcraft blades via Amazon and they work great.

YMMV

Old 12-15-2015, 12:48 PM
I seal my windows with Adams glass sealant. Works awesome

Old 12-16-2015, 02:56 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
What is that and where do you buy it?

Old 12-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by joe51
What is that and where do you buy it?
I'm assuming your referring to what I said.
You can buy it at Adams polishes .com
Get the whole kit. It seals and protects the glass. You can do the inside also. The water just beads right off!! It's like rain x only 10x better.

Old 12-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speaking of wipers I was at Costco today and they have Goodyear wipers for 4.99 each right now. Not too sure how well they work but for that price I couldn't pass them up, even if they only last 4 months!

Old 01-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Silblade wipers were the best I ever used.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by dont slow down
Speaking of wipers I was at Costco today and they have Goodyear wipers for 4.99 each right now. Not too sure how well they work but for that price I couldn't pass them up, even if they only last 4 months!
I have tried the Costco Goodyear wiper blades. I wasn't impressed. I hope you have better luck.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by CJB XLT
I have tried the Costco Goodyear wiper blades. I wasn't impressed. I hope you have better luck.
I used the Goodyear blades on my old 2005 KR and liked them very much! Maybe results depend on where you live? (Air quality, road conditions, etc.)

- Jack

Old 01-13-2016, 06:01 PM
Good Year from Costco also...they are so inexpensive...I change yearly with those whether or not I need to...I just bought a set last week...$ 7.99 ea + tax! The sun here in Northern CA beats them up during the summer...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades and Glass Treatment