Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Polish

What is the best polish for 2011 f150?

Old 09-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Khanm777
Howdy & Welcome!

Wellsir, reckon the year o' yer truck don't matter a coon-hahr none.

For more eyeballs, hits & responses - Best ye gitchersef over to th' keerect forum - this'n - https://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing-22/

Post up yer Q's ... and/or start yer searchin' thyar.

Yer also in luck - there be a right fine place in Port Colbourne - just a short canoe ride 'cross Lake Ontary from Trawna: ( Okay - you do need to go fru the Welland Canal .. mebbie best to just drive :lol )

http://www.eshine.ca/

Ye be findin' all sort o' proper finish care products there. Yall kin visit, 'er they deliver.

AND - they's e'en gots TOOT-Oreos!

==> http://www.eshine.ca/articles.php

good luck & yer welcome, lol
MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 09-25-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Moved to Care and Detailing, you should get more help.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need to clarify...do you really mean "polish" polish or a last step product...wax or sealant. Detailing paint mostly involves three steps: compounding, polishing and LSP (last step product).

As for a specific polish, I have to go with Meguiars #205, although there are lots of other fine ones out there.

Jim

Old 09-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use Pinnacle finishing polish. Not overly abrasive, but still removes light holograms and makes the paint pop.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Going to second Pinnacle, they make good stuff.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have used the Meguiars #105 followed with #205 with good results for a long time.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Khanm777
WOW...that's a real open ended question.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Are you polishing by hand or machine?

If machine, what make/model is it?

"If I only had two compound/polishes they would be Meguiars M101 and Carpro Reflect."

Old 11-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
For specific swirl mark & polish issues I use BAF/Pro Car Care Beauty Products P21 Swirl Eliminator & Polish. I typically do not like "combination" type products but P21 is very, very impressive & effective from end result, ease of use & overall effectiveness.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:27 AM

Nu Finish, duh . . .

Old 11-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As has been said, the best option is to try some of the above products and determine for yourself what works best.

Different application and/or removal processes can yield tremendously different results - depending on what you're gunning for...

The question that you've asked is basically equivalent to: "What cola product is best?" You're going to get any number of answers and, in each person who answers mind, they have the best cola option and everyone else's sucks.

Lots of great products out there -- many of which are even available at your local 'mart' stores... the key is to try a few and determine what is best for you with your application and removal techniques.

Remember though.... the key to a stellar finish is the PREP WORK done prior to a last step product... the work makes the finish; not the product.

-RP-

Old 01-26-2015, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
I have used the Meguiars #105 followed with #205 with good results for a long time.
This is what I use as well. I have also found that using good quality buffer pads is as important as the polish too. Be sure not to use those cheap Harbor Freight pads on your buffer!

Old 01-26-2015, 03:54 PM
It has been quite a while since I have used Meguiars M105. I find it finicky, messy and it dusts heavily.
Megs M101 is my new gold standard for cutting (leveling paint). It is expensive but it leaves a nice finish.
If you are just starting out and you have a Dual Action polisher I would suggest Megs Ultimate to learn with.
Meguiars Ultimate Compound is based on the M105 S.M.A.T technology but it is much friendlier to work with.
Meguiars Ultimate Polish is based on M205 technology and Megs Ultimate Polish creates a very nice glossy finish.
Both of these consumer products are inexpensive and are available at Walmart or your local auto-parts store.
These are both nice user-friendly products to learn "How to use a DA". They are clean and are a pleasure to use.

OP - Are you using a Dual Action (DA) polisher for paint correction and gloss enhancement?

My favorite finishing polish is Carpro's Reflect. This is a Diminishing Abrasive Technology (D.A.T.) rather than S.M.A.T.
Using Reflect and a fine soft foam finishing pad creates a finish that is "show quality" with a sharpness, gloss and shine.

Here is a 57' Chevy 210 I recently did with Meguiars M101 (compound) and Carpro's Reflect (finishing polish).

Name:  57Chevy-7.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  6.09 MB

Yea, I know...it's not a Ford.

"If I could only have two compound/polishes they would be Meguiars M101 and Carpro Reflect."

Old 01-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Howdy & Welcome!

Wellsir, reckon the year o' yer truck don't matter a coon-hahr none.

For more eyeballs, hits & responses - Best ye gitchersef over to th' keerect forum - this'n - https://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing-22/

Post up yer Q's ... and/or start yer searchin' thyar.

Yer also in luck - there be a right fine place in Port Colbourne - just a short canoe ride 'cross Lake Ontary from Trawna: ( Okay - you do need to go fru the Welland Canal .. mebbie best to just drive :lol )

http://www.eshine.ca/

Ye be findin' all sort o' proper finish care products there. Yall kin visit, 'er they deliver.

AND - they's e'en gots TOOT-Oreos!

==> http://www.eshine.ca/articles.php

good luck & yer welcome, lol
MGD
Most of the time I can not figure out what the hell you are trying to say.....

Old 01-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
Most of the time I can not figure out what the hell you are trying to say.....
Then may I suggest that you simply ignore my posts.

My response was aimed at a fellow Canuckistanian. As such, the intended recipient would understand it just fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Polish