Acrylic Werks

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acrylic Werks

Anybody ever use this Acrylic Werks stuff? Supposed to be better than regular wax and it can be used on the plastic trim. Somebody at work swears by this stuff but at U$25 a bottle I's rather suck up some more opinions.

Fritz

Old 10-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't waste your money. It's just another marketing "hype" product.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:35 AM
Well it sure is amazing at what you will find on Google. Stumbled across this ancient thread today...roughly 6 1/2 years later. I sure hope the original poster stumbles across this but this is probably the info he was really looking for.

As with any product it is better to get information from a direct source or from someone outside the company who has had a personal working knowledge of the product. It is far to easy to state an opinion based on zero personal knowledge.

If you never met me in person or met my brother (Tony Gonzales) who manages the Tyler Ford Quickie Lube & Tune in Tyler, Tx then the next best thing is, to see all our "Real Time" videos on YouTube, just search acrylic werks. There are now 40+ videos that show what results can be achieved and comments from folks that have gotten the same results.

Last edited by AW1MarkG; 01-19-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by AW1MarkG
Well it sure is amazing at what you will find on Google. Stumbled across this ancient thread today...roughly 6 1/2 years later. I sure hope the original poster stumbles across this but this is probably the info he was really looking for.

As with any product it is better to get information from a direct source or from someone outside the company who has had a personal working knowledge of the product. It is far to easy to state an opinion based on zero personal knowledge.

If you never met me in person or met my brother (Tony Gonzales) who manages the Tyler Ford Quickie Lube & Tune in Tyler, Tx then the next best thing is, to see all our "Real Time" videos on YouTube, just search acrylic werks. There are now 40+ videos that show what results can be achieved and comments from folks that have gotten the same results.
Wow. Pull up thread from the past, and in the process insult someone with more experience than you will ever have.

Nicely done .. three spam type posts in a row.

Various opinions are always welcome, but there are better ways to go about it.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
Wow. Pull up thread from the past, and in the process insult someone with more experience than you will ever have.

Nicely done .. three spam type posts in a row.

Various opinions are always welcome, but there are better ways to go about it.
I apologize and the intent is to never insult anyone but to offer a fair insight to something I have had 1st hand experience with for 16 years. I just don't think it is right for comments to be made when there isn't a direct experience with a product that folks aren't familiar with. Again, the intent was not to insult but offer a different point of view.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:38 PM
I apologize and the intent is to never insult anyone but to offer a fair insight to something I have had 1st hand experience with for 16 years. I just don't think it is right for comments to be made when there isn't a direct experience with a product that folks aren't familiar with. Again, the intent was not to insult but offer a different point of view.

I understand that, but again, I will say, how do you know how much experience he has? While you may have a ton of experience with the product you sell, I would bet that you don't have a fraction of the experience that Boss does with the overall detailing product universe.

Just because he doesn't like your product does not mean he isn't familiar with it.

That was the point I was making.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I understand and have attached from a photo from another forum and will include the link so anyone can see an unsolicited exchange on the Acrylic-Werks Polish.

Here's the link to the Forum I also stumbled across. It was interesting and informative since I had no idea what was being said. Very similar to this Forum. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...lah-blah-blah? Hope it offers a little more insight from someone other than me.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I understand and have attached from a photo from another forum and will include the link so anyone can see an unsolicited exchange on the Acrylic-Werks Polish.

Here's the link to the Forum I also stumbled across. It was interesting and informative since I had no idea what was being said. Very similar to this Forum. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...lah-blah-blah? Hope it offers a little more insight from someone other than me.
That certainly is a nice looking Audi, but I think you may have missed Gip's point. We all have our favorite products, but none of us who do much detailing use one product for everything. The reason? Every vehicle and every situation is slightly different. In fact one of the keys to becoming a good detailer is recognizing what products and process to use for each situation. Boss429 taught me more about that art than anybody else. His experience is unbelievable.

The other point I should make is that if you looked at the picture of the hood Gip shared - with absolutely nothing on it - I think you'd have to agree it was absolutely breathtaking - and quite comparable to the Audi. Sure, any number of LSP's might have added protection and maybe a bit of depth, but I doubt most folks would even notice the difference. Once again, it was all of the steps before the LSP that made the most significant difference.

So that's why some of us old timers are more than a bit leary of one product that supposedly does it all. We've seen way too many of them come and fade away.

Quick Reply: Acrylic Werks