Winterization Question?

Old 09-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winterization Question?

I Just bought my first F150 (2009 XLT, screw, 5.4, chrome, 18", sht box) and loving it. Prior to this I was driving a Subaru Forester so you can image my new found joy. Does anyone have any suggestions (besides washing and waxing) to keep my truck from being destroyed by the Minnesota winters...especially the salt. Modifications so far: Low profile bug shield, winter mats, LineX, Access tonneau. Thanks!

Old 09-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Just keep it washed regularly during the winter and put a good synthetic wax like NXT 2.0 on it an top it with a carnuba wax of your choice or if you like the look of the NXT leave it alone. This year on my truck I am giving Collinite 845 a try topped with Wet Obsession and so I am pretty impressed on the looks now I just need to see what kind of durability I get out of the combo.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Ya put the subby back on the road. J/K Like stated above keep it clean as best as you can. I get under the truck atleast once a month and give it a good wash to get as much salt and dirt out. Congrats on the truck and good luck with it.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you do a little searching in this forum, you'll find a post from me on the same subject from about a year ago. I live in the salt capital of the world so I know a little bit about preparing for winter too. If you can't find it, drop me a PM or e-mail and I'll look it up and get you an answer. Oh yea, and congrats on the new truck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Winterization Question?