Meg's HD Question

Old 08-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Meg's HD Question

Does anyone think HD discolors black plastic after multiple applications? So far, I love the stuff. However, it may be my imagination, but it seems like areas that were turning gray/white prior to using HD are worse now.....and areas that were still black are starting to turn...slowly. Hoping I am only imagining this and nothing some Black Wow or paint won't fix....although, I'd rather not use ANY product that accelerates discoloration. Thoughts????

Old 08-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I have only used the HD on my tires and wheel wells. I did just pick up some Black Wow for the rubber trim around the windows. The discoloration there drives me crazy!

Old 08-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Most likely its your imagination... Because people always says any dressing turns plastic. I have an '03 and have been dressing all my plastic with HD for over a year, and hasn't faded yet. Hope its your imagination!

-B

Old 08-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Most likely its your imagination... Because people always says any dressing turns plastic. I have an '03 and have been dressing all my plastic with HD for over a year, and hasn't faded yet. Hope its your imagination!

-B

Old 08-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Its been well over a year using HD on everything and had no problems.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:58 AM
As a follow up, where do you guys get your Black Wow from....ADS? Wish I could find it local. I live in VA. Shipping from ADS kills me, especially when I only want a few things.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by bigsur
As a follow up, where do you guys get your Black Wow from....ADS? Wish I could find it local. I live in VA. Shipping from ADS kills me, especially when I only want a few things.
http://www.autogeek.net/black-wow-trim-restorer.html
Shipping should only be 2 days at the most, it 3 for me and im in New York. They are based out of Florida.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by bigsur
Try here

http://www.obsessivedetail.com/Blackwow.html

Fast shipping to you.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks fellas!!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:11 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Try here

http://www.obsessivedetail.com/Blackwow.html

Fast shipping to you.
Don't count on it - he uses USPS. It took a whole WEEK to get my order from Danville IL to Joplin MO. Your mileage may vary. NOTE that it was NOT his fault, but if he had used UPS or Fedex Ground, it would have been 2 or 3 days tops. I ordered in the afternoon and he DID get the order out the next day.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:39 PM
esf
Justin (Obsessive Detail) always has my packages to me in 3 days via USPS. ADS is 6 days via UPS (everytime). Only once did my order from Justin take 6 days and I'm pretty sure that was the post offices fault. And I've ordered from him A LOT! The nice thing about USPS is that they deliver everyday but Sunday and they offer flat rate shipping which is great for heavier orders that aren't necessarily physically large. I believe orders larger than the FRBs USPS provides do ship out UPS.

That said, there are a few places that are closer to you. I will receive my orders from them within 1 day. Most of the time I will still deal with Justin at Obsessive Detail as he's always done right by me. Anyway...
Detailer's Domain
Detailed Image

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meg's HD Question