this is why i do all my work myself...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is why i do all my work myself...

my sister took her car to get "professionally" painted and they got paint on the tint on the inside of 2 or 3 windows. i told her to call them to get them to fix it but she said she doesn't want to leave it with them anymore. any ideas on what we can try? i was thinking some kind of paint thinner but didnt know if that would mess up the tint

Old 08-05-2009, 03:23 PM
If its just overspray and feels like a bunch of little sand particles, then a good clay bar job will get that all taken off.

I've cleaned up two cars that were left next to the paint booth while another car was being painted and got overspray all over them. 100% coverage and clay bar took care of it with a lot of work, but it did.

If they actually PAINTED it, then I'd take it back to them and make them fix it. However, if its just overspray, then claybar can take care of it.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:29 PM
He said it's on the tint. OP, i suppose you can try claying the tint. Definitely don't scrape it off. You might just need a re-tint though. At the paint shops expense of course.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:47 PM
esf
I would go back to them and tell them you want it fixed by a different shop at their cost. Explain to them how unsatisfied you are. How's the rest of the paint job? Thins happen sometimes. I've done things before that I just had to stop and shake my head and ask myself, "What the hell was I thinking?" It happens. If everything else was up to par then I would just try working with them while still showing my dissatisfaction.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:10 PM
there are a few spots on the paint that you can tell theres a difference. i don't know how to explain it but it looks duller then the rest like they did a bad buff job.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Take it back as soon as you can, the longer you wait, the worse off you'll be.

Quick Reply: this is why i do all my work myself...