Any special wax or polish against AZ heat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any special wax or polish against AZ heat?

Okay, I want to know if there's any special wax or polish that I should use to protect my paint from the Arizona heat. The reason I ask is because I also have a '01 Expy and the hood is fading already. I used to use Turtle paste wax about twice a year and it still seems it wasn't enough. My f150 was buffed and wax about 8 months ago by a body shop and I think it's time for another one but don't want to pay the $200 again. Any suggestions? If there's already a similiar post to mines please let me know where it's at...thanks!

Old 07-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Collinite Insulating Wax 845? Or, any wax, but try to wax at least every month or so. Don't think TW wax twice a year is cutting it.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:38 PM
esf
Most waxes are only good for 6-8 weeks or so, especially carnaubas. There are exceptions though. The key to keeping it looking good is proper wash technique which includes using your wash soap properly diluted per the manufacturers recommendation printed on the jug. Since it seems you don't really want to be bothered to wax your vehicles too much, I'd recommend a synthetic wax. I've gotten a few months out of Optimum Opti Seal (not to be confused with Poli Seal) and it's a breeze to put on. You simply spray it on and wipe it. There's no letting it haze or removing. I would still reapply it every two months or so. It takes less than 10 minutes to go around my 02 Expedition with it. Collinite is another option. It seems to last forever. you can also find good spray waxes you can use after each wash that are similar in application to Optimum Opti Seal. Meg's Ultimate Quik Wax is readily available over the coutner at most parts stores as well as WalMarts and Targets. Optimum Car Wax is another. They don't last quite as long as traditional waxes but are great for just freshening it up a bit.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 PM
The easiest and cheapest combination....

I have found that Opti-Seal followed by Meguiars NXT is the easiest and cheapest combination that seems to last. One week I apply the OS...the next it the NXT.
Both or either are very easy to find and to use.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks you guys. I'll do further research on all of these products mentioned and go from there. I appreciate all of your suggestions.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 AM
I like NXT 2.0

Old 07-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Heh, I must be doing something wrong, since I can never get Opti-seal to "stay" for more than a day or two. It seems to be holding in my friend's shower, though (what is it, day 3 or 4).

Old 07-27-2009, 08:41 PM
esf
I've had Opti Seal bead substantially for probably 3 months atleast.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
collinite 845 will do the trick! love the stuff

Old 07-31-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by esf
I've had Opti Seal bead substantially for probably 3 months atleast.
When I first started detailing I experimented with NXT and OS with several sealants, waxes both synthetic and carnauba based and though NXT and OS bead differently they both outlasted everything else 4 times as long at a minimum and were the easiest to apply.
Opti-Seal takes me about 10 minutes to do my truck....I wait longer for NXT to dry than it takes me to apply and remove.
Rain-X Fast Wax and Zymol were the distant third place holders but Rain-X FW goes on like Opti-Seal and Zymol dries sort of hard and is work to get off.
Haven't tried Collinite 845 yet but other than some saying it's hard to remove I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:08 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
NXT 2.0, and use Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer after every wash.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm an old fart, been washing/waxing cars/trucks for over 50 years in the SOUTH FLORIDA HEAT........
which is probably worse than AZ since we have HIGH degrees of HUMIDITY.

After 50 years, I'v decided NOTHING BEATS ZAINO, period.

Wax last for a month, my ZAINO will "bead" for 6 months, easy!

Quick Reply: Any special wax or polish against AZ heat?