2 small dents passenger side door.. How do i remove?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 small dents passenger side door.. How do i remove?

I have 2 small dents in my passenger side door about the size of a quarter and it really bothers me seeing them when I go to wash my truck. Any ideas on how to get them out besides using dry ice?

Old 07-26-2009, 01:30 AM
If you try to pop it out using dry ice or heating the metal and supercooling or any of those processes you are going to weaken the metal, and probably screw up the paint in the process. If its not too bad you might get a body shop to fix it. As long as its really minor body work, and your paint color is not very expensive then it should not be too bad. I wouldnt imagine that it would cost you more than a couple hundred dollars.. if that.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 AM
If the paint isn't damaged, go with paintless dent repair. These guys work miracles. Probably can be done for a hundo or so. Check out debt wizard or someone like that.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Yes, try paintless dent guys. Great if paint is not broken.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:54 AM
On a whim I bought that dent pulling thing from a Billy Mays info-mercial. It's the one where you use the glue gun, place the pad on hot glue, let cool then place the bracket over dent. Tighten bracket, twist til glue "pops" and dent pops out. I swear to you,,,,it works!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Wade06XLT
On a whim I bought that dent pulling thing from a Billy Mays info-mercial. It's the one where you use the glue gun, place the pad on hot glue, let cool then place the bracket over dent. Tighten bracket, twist til glue "pops" and dent pops out. I swear to you,,,,it works!
where did you buy it and how much did it cost?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Might b able to get online at this point. Like I said, info-mercial on TV. 19.99 plus shipping.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:50 PM
I'd third the Paintless Dent Removal (PDR). I've seen a demenstration where the tech hit his door with a hammer and then removed the dent. They are very good at what they do and it's more advanced then you might think. I think it runs about $60 for a dent and there is probably a discount for multiple dents in the same area.

Here is a video of it being done with glue and pulling the dent out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7JprFshq2A

With doors they would probably go in through the window and push the dent out. The thing that they do, which is much more then most people can, is use a special light with lines in order to see the shape of the door and dent much better and they have tools to tap down the defect as well. If you pull the dent and the metal rises too high, what are you going to do?

Quick Reply: 2 small dents passenger side door.. How do i remove?