Another Hyper Dressing believer !!! :-)

Old 07-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Hyper Dressing believer !!! :-)

If you had asked me a couple weeks ago, "What kind of tire dressing do you use" ? I'd have probably just said, "Well I use... yada, yada......."
NEVER Mind What I Would Have Said" ! Every other tire dressing I've ever used (and I've used about 100 of them) SUCKED compared to Meguiar's Hyper Dressing !

Seriously. I mixed it 1:1 to begin with.... but I purposely only mixed about 1/2 of a 32 oz spray bottle, in case I wanted to dilute it down some more. But anyway, I've never used a tire dressing that made any part of the tire it touched "instantly black" + did not streak at all + did not seem to soak in and 'go away' at all. What more can I say ? The stuff is just bombastic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, while I'm speaking of tires, some of you might remember I was whining about my tires being all gunked up with road grime, tire blooming, and > poor, silicone based tire dressings, and I was asking what I could use to get it off....

Well, I ended up just using some off brand tire and wheel cleaner, mainly because it said "safe for all wheels".... But I don't think that stuff was so special. The trick was, spending THREE FREAKING HOURS on my tires with that cleaner, and {I swear to you} a tooth brush ! Got them shiny, and dark gray though. And now, with the Meguiar's HD, I don't think I'll have any more issues.

Still using the Ice on my Satin Black Wheels though. Works great for that. Wouldn't use it for what it's marketed for though.

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats right, its bombtastic!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:15 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Pics possbily? I'm curious to see the result if possible

Old 07-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Hey Truck Guy, well it's dark now..... but I'll try to take, and post, a photo ASAP.

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 AM

Thanks man. Whenever you get a chance. I'm off to bed now, so I will keep checking back tommorow.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:29 AM

Just spray both your tires and wheels down at the same time with HD. It's so much easier because you don't have to worry about overspray of one product or the other and it gives both a real nice shine. I've been doing it since I got my wheels and tires. Spray it all on after a good wash, let it sit for however long I want (usually fifteen, twenty minutes), and the only thing I have to clean up is a tiny pool at the very bottom lip of my wheel, which is like 1/4" deep. Gives an amazing shine!

Just food for thought, as it might save you some time and trouble. If you don't mind me posting a pic, here's one about ten minutes after the HD was sprayed on. No wiping around or spreading required.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:22 AM
Damn man that does look great. Does it dry fully?

mblouir-Clemson fan...huh! I'm a Georgia Tech fan by birth but I like Clemson too. I was there in 2007 for the FSU and Boston College games (BTW the Boston College game set a record for noise level). And again in 2008 for the SCSU game. After partying like a rockstar at the Esso and tailgating for 10+ hours I can say with great confidence that I am now a Clemson fan. Anyways till next season C-L-E-M-S-O-N! Hopefully I'll be there for a few games this year provided I don't deploy this fall.

Last edited by SFssft1911; 07-20-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by mblouir
Just spray both your tires and wheels down at the same time with HD. It's so much easier because you don't have to worry about overspray of one product or the other and it gives both a real nice shine. I've been doing it since I got my wheels and tires. Spray it all on after a good wash, let it sit for however long I want (usually fifteen, twenty minutes), and the only thing I have to clean up is a tiny pool at the very bottom lip of my wheel, which is like 1/4" deep. Gives an amazing shine!

Just food for thought, as it might save you some time and trouble. If you don't mind me posting a pic, here's one about ten minutes after the HD was sprayed on. No wiping around or spreading required.

Looks outanding

Old 07-20-2009, 11:12 AM
HD is the chit. If you need to get your wheels clean Fish you should now give Megs Wheel Brightener a try. What kind of wheels do you have

Old 07-20-2009, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by SFssft1911
Damn man that does look great. Does it dry fully?

mblouir-Clemson fan...huh! I'm a Georgia Tech fan by birth but I like Clemson too. I was there in 2007 for the FSU and Boston College games (BTW the Boston College game set a record for noise level). And again in 2008 for the SCSU game. After partying like a rockstar at the Esso and tailgating for 10+ hours I can say with great confidence that I am now a Clemson fan. Anyways till next season C-L-E-M-S-O-N! Hopefully I'll be there for a few games this year provided I don't deploy this fall.
Yep it dries fully. Glad to see another Clemson fan! I'll probably see you there if I decide to tailgate any this year. I'm working towards my Mechanical Engineering degree at the moment, so I'm at every home game. Hit me up when you head this way. I want to see that sweet looking '09 you have there. One of my favorite colors.

ps-Thank you for your service!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Never mind Fish, it looks as if your wheels are powder coated

Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
Never mind Fish, it looks as if your wheels are powder coated
I was about to say yikes bye bye powder coat

Old 07-20-2009, 05:17 PM

His wheels are Pro Comp 7089.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by mblouir
His wheels are Pro Comp 7089.
It will take the finish off.

Soap and water is the best method

Old 07-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Now wait a minute 1bad......

You mean to tell me if I accidentaly get a little bit of HD on the edges of my wheels, I'm going to lose some of my powder coating ???

I find that a little hard to believe with a water based product like HD.

Not to mention, I can't imagine that Meguiars wouldn't have warnings all over the place about "not using this on tires mounted on black, powder coated wheels"......
+ I would have to believe that we would have several horror stories on this forum, which would be immediatly linked to, if somebody with black wheels even mentioned trying HD.

Don't get me wrong, I hadn't really planned on spraying HD directly onto my black, powder coated wheels (in fact, I didn't even spray HD directly onto my tires, but rather, onto a sponge, that I then wiped the tires with) but still, I can't imagine HD acting like paint / powder coat remover....

Hmmmm. Anybody else want to comment on this ?

Peace,
Fish

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Hyper Dressing believer !!! :-)