Polished the truck; a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polished the truck; a few questions

I finished the paint work on my truck today and the correction steps really didn't get the results I wanted. I did wash, clay, #80,#7, #21, #27, and while it looks good, there are just some problems I'm not getting out with the DA.

Mainly, theres some faint straight line scratches that I would have thought #80 could handle, but they didn't come out regardless of what I tried. Also, my paint just looks a little hazy and lighter than it should under direct light. I don't know if this is just the nature of True Blue, or if I need to do something more aggressive.

Is this a product issue, or an equipment issue? Should I be looking into something like #105 followed by #205, or is it time to step up to a flex or a rotary?

I will get pictures tomorrow, it was dark when I got done and I need to get some sunlight shots to explain the haziness/lightness I'm talking about. But, I'm open for suggestions in the meantime.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Edited

Last edited by SuperLB51; 06-14-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:34 AM
What pads did you use and at what speed did you apply each product?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:37 AM
For more correction your going to need more then #80. Also did you let #21 cure before your LSP. #105 is really aggresive, Swirl-X does a great job and isnt as aggresive at #105. Poorboys also has good swirl removers with there SSR line.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:24 PM
ELVATO, I used Megs yellow pads for the #80 at speed 5 for the most part, and the brown pads for everything else at speed 3.

05- I did leave #21 for a while before 27. Is Swirl-X a new product or are you referring to Scratch-X? Scratch-X has given me good results but I think it's also got some fillers in it.. I'm leaning toward permanent correction. I might check out the SSR line, I've heard good things about them. Thanks for the suggestions.

In the daylight, it doesn't look light/hazy like it did under the work lights. Maybe it's just the work lights playing tricks on my eyes, I don't know, but it looks much better than I expected today. The straight line scratches I'm sure will need a more aggressive product next time but they are barely visible in natural light.

I will get some pictures soon, my camera is charging right now. Thanks for the replies guys.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by MOford21
ELVATO, I used Megs yellow pads for the #80 at speed 5 for the most part, and the brown pads for everything else at speed 3.

05- I did leave #21 for a while before 27. Is Swirl-X a new product or are you referring to Scratch-X? Scratch-X has given me good results but I think it's also got some fillers in it.. I'm leaning toward permanent correction. I might check out the SSR line, I've heard good things about them. Thanks for the suggestions.
Swirl-X Is new to the consumer line this year and is a step up in cut from Scratch-X 2.0. But dont confuse scratch-X 2.0 with Scratch-X they are two completely different products.

Quick Reply: Polished the truck; a few questions