Brush Scratched, ouch, how do I buff it out?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brush Scratched, ouch, how do I buff it out?

I went down a narrow road of pinnion pines and severly scratched my white 06 King Ranch. Flares are junk.

I am going to buff the truck and have talked to one person that I am not secure in his advice. (Relative that knows everything.) He called these Texas pin stripes.

What cut level would you start with and what would you end with. Do you like foam pads or wool?

Old 06-14-2009, 02:54 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
How about some pics?

Old 06-14-2009, 09:54 AM
I've heard them called that before. I deal with them every summer due to where my friends and I camp. Mine normally come from gnarled up mesquite.

Pics will help. It'll really depend on just how deep they are. A good rule of thumb is can you feel them with your fingernail when it's rube accross them?

That will tell you kinda where to start with compounds. For the worst of mine I might go with a M105, MPPC, or M83. For just light rubs I might start with M80 or the like. It just really depends on the severety and it really does take an experienced eye & hand in person to tell 100% what's needed. Sight unseen about all I can say is don't jump all they way to super agressive compound and wool. Start lighter and if that doesn't work, kick it up a notch. rinse and repeat untill it's better. (unless it's to the repaint stage)

Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 AM
JGG I know you recommend M80 or the like. With this being said would you recommend M205(the like). This is what I was going to recommend but without pics its hard to say.

Quick Reply: Brush Scratched, ouch, how do I buff it out?