Glaze and Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glaze and Wax?

Guys, I have a brand new truck that I want to keep looking that way and I don't have a garage to keep it in. I've read a lot of good things about Meguiar's products but can't find the difference between wax and glaze, not to mention five different waxes and five different glazes.

Question is are they both the same thing? Is a glaze just a name for good wax? Do I use one or the other or both and in what order?

Thanks... and sorry if these questions have been asked already.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 AM
First off welcome to the care and detailing section and if you have not read the detailing sticky and dictionary at the top of the section they are full of tons of great info and answer most questions about product usage and what they are and do so I suggest doing that first. Waxes and Glazes are two different animals a glaze does pretty much what the name suggest it has a ton of fillers in it to hide any imperfections in the paint that may be left after the correction process and the wax is what most of us call a last step product or LSP. Here are the steps in what is normaly done in a detail.

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Correction & Polish
4. Glaze
5. Wax

Last edited by dsq3973; 06-03-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 AM
^^^^^That works^^^^^

Old 06-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Thanks DSQ. I did it exactly as you specified, spent all day doing it and it came out great. I had never used the clay and and can't believe the difference it made. I used all Meguiar's products. I called their Hotline too and they were extremely helpful.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Great. Post up some pics.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by F150 Pilot
Thanks DSQ. I did it exactly as you specified, spent all day doing it and it came out great. I had never used the clay and and can't believe the difference it made. I used all Meguiar's products. I called their Hotline too and they were extremely helpful.
Your welcome I am glad that you got the results that you were looking for and it turned out great. Now post up some pics and show off your hard work.

Quick Reply: Glaze and Wax?