PB Products :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PB Products :)

I finally received my package from ESHINE.CA today! I ordered, Natty's Paste Wax (BLUE), Polish, EX-P Sealant, SSR2 and Black Hole! I am pretty stoked to use it this weekend, I have read a lot about these products and hopefully I am pleased! Woot woot!!

P.S - They all smell like bubble gum. Black hole smells like grape kool aid!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
esf
Looks good but what's the Polish? Professional Polish?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I think so. It doesn't say on the bottle it just says "Poorboy's Polish Easy on/Easy off Non Abrasive With Carnuba Wax" it is kinda of a teal color.

Nope I double checked it just the regular polish.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 PM
esf
Ah. Sounds like Polish W/Carnauba (Blue). Yep, just checked the website. That's what it is.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Smile

So here is my plan of attack.

Wash w/ Meg's Gold Class
Clay w/ Meg's Standard Clay Bar
PB's SSR 2
PB's Polish
PB's Black Hole Glaze
PB's Sealant
Natty's Blue Paste
Meg's Ultimate Shine Tire Spray
Meg's Hot Rims
Stoners Invisible Glass

Of course this will all mostly be done with the PC7424 and good pads!

Lots of breaks and wacky

Come on weekend!! That damn weatherman better not lie to me either!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 PM
The PwC/Blue doesn't have a lot of cut to it, so I hope you don't have a lot of correction needed. If so you'll need something else.

EDIT: Ok I am an idiot, didn't see that you had SSR2....sounds like you are on the right path.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:02 AM
RollingRock I have seen you around in other detailing forums and what you do to your F250 and other peoples vehicles and I must say you are a detailing genius! I was going to go SSR2 then SSR1 but my paint is pretty decent, not a lot of scratches or swirls so I think SSR2 should be fine. I have become pretty OCD about detailing my truck and LOVE the Meguiar's products but I have herd lots of good stuff about PB's so I figure why not try a variety!

I will be posting before and after pics, so watch out! I also tried to self PTM my door handles, but I think they are just a bit off in color so I am going to order some new ones to get my local body shop to paint. Maybe if I polish and wax them they will get more of a glossy/wet look to them. We will see!

Last edited by brendanlush; 05-05-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by brendanlush
RollingRock I have seen you around in other detailing forums and what you do to your F250 and other peoples vehicles and I must say you are a detailing genius! I was going to go SSR2 then SSR1 but my paint is pretty decent, not a lot of scratches or swirls so I think SSR2 should be fine. I have become pretty OCD about detailing my truck and LOVE the Meguiar's products but I have herd lots of good stuff about PB's so I figure why not try a variety!

I will be posting before and after pics, so watch out! I also tried to self PTM my door handles, but I think they are just a bit off in color so I am going to order some new ones to get my local body shop to paint. Maybe if I polish and wax them they will get more of a glossy/wet look to them. We will see!
I appreciate the kind words but the truth be known, its not really me, it's the proper prep, the right tools and I cannot stress this enough, its about listening to those providing advice. I "thought" I knew what I was doing until I really started to slow down, listen more and apply what I learned. There are so many experienced detailers here and out on the net to learn from, the list to too long to post but if you will notice I haven't even talked about product in this response. That is b/c the product is only about 25% of it. Having the proper prep and the right tools makes a big difference. That all being said, I love my PB products but I also use many other lines. Its all about finding what YOU like and the results you can get using those products and a little (ok a lot) of trial and error.

Ok, that is a long way to say thanks...

Looking forward to seeing your pics. BTW, what pads are you going to be using?

Old 05-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Lake country (orange, white, black) if I can find them. If not my local Canadian Tire carries PC pads.

While on the subject.. What pads should I be using for:

Removing swirls/scratches - wool?
Polish/Glaze - polishing pad?
Wax/Sealant - waxing pad?

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Lake country (orange, white, black) if I can find them. If not my local Canadian Tire carries PC pads.

Thanks!

Why didn't you just add the LC pads to your eShine order? CT pads and PC pads are junk, unless you want to create more swirls.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Amateur move I suppose. I thought PC pads would be good enough. If I order them now, then I would have to wait ANOTHER week to do anything to my truck.. And I have the itch!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I have a feeling you're going to have to wait another week then, unless you can find a supplier in Yellowknife.
Is it Canpar that made your delivery?

Old 05-05-2009, 09:31 PM

Thanks!
Well pads can be a whole other animal to deal with. Sight unseen on the condition of the paint, hard call.

Least aggressive first:

SSR2 with white
if that isn't enough
SSR2 with Orange but expect more marring to be polished out
Step down to SSR white
PP with white or Black
LSP by hand (foam applicator)

Agree with the other posters, you need a few more pads. White is your workhorse pad..

BTW, I don't frequent here that often so I may not answer all your questions.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Your plan looks good, just get some good pads. The only thing to consider is that you have Polish w/Nuba which leaves a layer of wax behind. Typically you would go with a wax after the Black Hole. I've never used Black Hole after a wax so I don't know if you will get the full benefit or not.

Also, there is a pretty good possibility that you will need to use SSR1 after the SSR2 to further refine the finish. This will depend upon the amount of defects to be removed and the pad you use.

Quick Reply: PB Products :)