DoDo Juice Supernatural

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 AM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
The LSP is only as good as the work that went into the finish before it comes time to apply a LSP...
BINGO! I had Lumadar do my truck back in February when I was out in San Diego. He spent most of the day doing the corrective work - and he was absolutely **** about it. I saw 105, 205, God knows what else, I lost track, all kinds of buffers and pads, he kept at it till he was satisfied. What did he use for LSP? Megs #21 2.0. Essentially the same stuff as the NXT 2.0 I have. The truck looked BETTER than brand new, it REALLY hurt driving it out of his garage into the rain.

Speaking of which, you got the pics ready yet?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewc_11890
How much extra do you charge to use the wax for a client? The only reason I would buy some is if I had a demand for it with clients and it was able to make me more money than I bought it for. How much of a demand do you get for this? (where do you find these people and what do they drive, I wish I knew people like that )
How much I charge depends on the situation. Naturally the cost will be higher for a large SUV than a small car.

Look at it this way, it says on the container that you'll get 15-25 layers out of it. If you only get 15 layers, and you charge an extra $10, it will have paid for itself.

I have a few clients that just want to feel like they get something that nobody else gets. Whether they are able to tell the difference between Turtle Wax and a high-end carnuba doesn't matter to them. The want to know they got something special.

For example, I have one regular client that has a 2000 model Excursion Limited. To most it's nothing but an ordinary vehicle, but to the owner it is. It's garage kept, and not driven much. They bought it new in 2000 and it only has ~40k on it now. When they do drive it, they want it looking it's very best, and they are willing to pay extra for it.

Another client has an orange Daytona Charger. I only see him prior to one of the local car shows, and he also wants something a little special.

To me it's all about giving the client what they want, not telling them what they need.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Speaking of which, you got the pics ready yet?
Do I owe you pics? Sorry man... not sure what I promised here.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

For a show car, maybe. If I had enough extra coin laying around to have a show car I would probably have enough laying around to buy overpriced wax. For a daily driver? No freaking way.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Just to jump on the bandwagon....

Eating out can cost me $100+
1 weeks groceries cost $100+
1 nights entertainment can be $100+
2 weeks busy weeks of gas can be $100+
Just to name a few things that quickly come to mind....

I have had the best and worst of pretty much everything so why not try an expensive wax for my truck? How will I know if it's worth it if I can afford it and don't try it?
I never understood why Mercedes cost so much until I owned one.
Everyone that can afford to will spend extravagantly on something important to them at some point So.....
Sorry about chitty camera phone photos

Old 04-10-2009, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Old Dogg™
Eating out can cost me $100+
1 weeks groceries cost $100+
1 nights entertainment can be $100+
2 weeks busy weeks of gas can be $100+
Just to name a few things that quickly come to mind....

I have had the best and worst of pretty much everything so why not try an expensive wax for my truck? How will I know if it's worth it if I can afford it and don't try it?
I never understood why Mercedes cost so much until I owned one.
Everyone that can afford to will spend extravagantly on something important to them at some point So.....
Sorry about chitty camera phone photos

Couldn't have said it any better.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Rockpick
Do I owe you pics? Sorry man... not sure what I promised here.
Haha, I think he means me. I never remembered to post the pictures from the detail. I'll try and get that posted soon

Old 03-13-2017, 01:02 AM
Dodo vs Maguire

Dodo hard candy.maguire makes idiot proof products available to the idiots who buy it.wal-mart,target anywhere.has to be simple safe stuff so some dumbtruck wont need new paint when he's done playing detailor.anybody who thinks maguires is better than dodo is definatley dumbtruck material.you pay 4 what u get.maguires is big becouse there available to the general public and thats has to be affordable &and so easy a 10 yr old could use it

Old 03-14-2017, 11:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two words..............Liquid Glass.....................Done.

Quick Reply: DoDo Juice Supernatural