DoDo Juice Supernatural

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumadar
I bet $1,000 that if this wax came in a Turtle Wax bottle and was sold for $4.99 at Wal-Mart not a single person on any detailing forum would think the wax was good/great/amazing etc

Marketing at its best!
I bet 5K that if it had a Meguairs label on it, you'd have a youtube video about it.

Z
I
N
G

(just messing with you man...)

Old 04-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I bet 5K that if it had a Meguairs label on it, you'd have a youtube video about it.

Z
I
N
G

lol Jason!

I bet if it said Megs on it you would be pushing it Lum!

Last edited by Juztang; 04-08-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Suspended

Z
I
N
G

Someone is just hating that they don't have my leet video editing skills

Seriously though... someone please show me why I should pay $165 for a wax when I can spend $15 for something that works amazingly well and you can't tell a difference, and I will gladly admit I am wrong

PS, I probably have as much non Meguiar's detailing supplies as you do... I just don't use much of it because I use the products that work better

Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 AM
All kidding aside, I am one of the buyers of this group buy, and yes it the most I have ever spent on a wax. I am expecting great things from this wax and the fact that it can be refilled for half the upfront cost makes it less ridiculous.

At least that is what I am going with.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Someone is just hating that they don't have my leet video editing skills

Seriously though... someone please show me why I should pay $165 for a wax when I can spend $15 for something that works amazingly well and you can't tell a difference, and I will gladly admit I am wrong

PS, I probably have as much non Meguiar's detailing supplies as you do... I just don't use much of it because I use the products that work better
I have been one of the ones that has said often that for most, the untrained eye cannot tell the difference in most wax's and the fact that prop prep is equally important. This was a chance to have something very nice at a group buy price and it was fun doing it. I do have high expecations and I hope that everyone posts up photos of how it looks.

I have some new scratches in my truck from my last hunting trip so when I get those out, I will use the SN.

Ok, back to the thread...

RR

Old 04-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Really it is just personal preference. I like to collect carnauba paste waxes and I know many other people that do as well. This wax is like a novelty and you don't see any other wax like it. Also, it is pretty cool to have the owners/creators personalize and autograph each pot for everyone. A lot of places wouldn't take the time to do that.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Suspended
I have been one of the ones that has said often that for most, the untrained eye cannot tell the difference in most wax's and the fact that prop prep is equally important. This was a chance to have something very nice at a group buy price and it was fun doing it. I do have high expecations and I hope that everyone posts up photos of how it looks.

I have some new scratches in my truck from my last hunting trip so when I get those out, I will use the SN.

Ok, back to the thread...

RR
Fair enough

Old 04-08-2009, 12:38 AM
esf
I do have high expecations and I hope that everyone posts up photos of how it looks.

RR
The only down side to that is LSPs don't really photograph all that well for comparisons sake. For the most part anyway. Not nearly as well as in person to the naked eye.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by esf
The only down side to that is LSPs don't really photograph all that well for comparisons sake. For the most part anyway. Not nearly as well as in person to the naked eye.
Agree 100%, I remember that test that Thumper did a while back on his hood with several high end waxes. It was very difficult to see any differences in pop, slickness, wetness etc. It was a great test though. It would have been nice to know the durability of each of the waxes he used on that test.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by azmidget91
$165!!!!

I'll stir the pot a tad...

Even I agree with you there.

The LSP is only as good as the work that went into the finish before it comes time to apply a LSP...

Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 AM
All kidding aside, I am one of the buyers of this group buy, and yes it the most I have ever spent on a wax. I am expecting great things from this wax and the fact that it can be refilled for half the upfront cost makes it less ridiculous.

At least that is what I am going with.
No offense to you RR, I know you have much more experience than me, but I would just like to say that if the product can be refilled for less than half the upfront price that means that they are making money off of the refill. They would not refill if they did not make a profit, which means that the upfront price is a just a ridiculously jacked up price just for the fact of it being a novelty.

What I'm saying is that yes it probably looks amazing in real life, something pictures cannot describe, but it is most likely sold at a much greater price than it cost to produce it.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by andrewc_11890
No offense to you RR, I know you have much more experience than me, but I would just like to say that if the product can be refilled for less than half the upfront price that means that they are making money off of the refill. They would not refill if they did not make a profit, which means that the upfront price is a just a ridiculously jacked up price just for the fact of it being a novelty.

What I'm saying is that yes it probably looks amazing in real life, something pictures cannot describe, but it is most likely sold at a much greater price than it cost to produce it.
None taken and I agree with you. If they were not making a profit that would be bad business and having a small business myself I know how important it is. There is only so much mark up we are allowed by the manufactures.

Lets not forget that the supplier also has to make a little profit too. The assume all the risk if they don't sell the products they rep. Novelty or not, these higher end waxes take a ton of money to process. Now I don't know chit about chit when it comes to making a wax, but getting the most high quality ingredients is also expensive.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:34 AM
I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I too have high expectations of it. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think when I get the chance though.

Lumadar, if your clients are happy with a $15 wax, great. Personally I have a few clients that want something a little special on their vehicle. Something that isn't available over the counter at Wally World, and they are willing to pay for it.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by hwm3
I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I too have high expectations of it. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think when I get the chance though.

Lumadar, if your clients are happy with a $15 wax, great. Personally I have a few clients that want something a little special on their vehicle. Something that isn't available over the counter at Wally World, and they are willing to pay for it.
How much extra do you charge to use the wax for a client? The only reason I would buy some is if I had a demand for it with clients and it was able to make me more money than I bought it for. How much of a demand do you get for this? (where do you find these people and what do they drive, I wish I knew people like that )

Old 04-08-2009, 03:26 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by hwm3

I haven't found M20, M26, or M21 2.0 at any Wally World yet... but I will keep looking

I also have PS and OS, the line of Collinite waxes, and a few other random products.

My clients don't tell me that they want product X, Y, or Z. The way I approach what I do I make it very clear that I am the domain expert, and by the time I reach my 2nd or 3rd sentence they basically just give me the ole, "Ok, well you do what you think is best."

If they knew so much about waxes or sealants, why are they having me detail their vehicle? Ya know?

I personally don't see why having a product line readily available makes it less of a product- to me that means it must be a damn good product if just about every big box store and every auto store carries it....and not because it is the cheapest (ie Turtle wax $4~ wax). Meguiar's consumer products average $16+ for wax... that's not exactly the cheap route out to most people.

At any rate, I respect and understand the concept of wanting to have something unique to "sell" to your customers. I really do... I see the value in telling them that you have a wax that comes in a cute bamboo box with your name on the back...I bet that excites people, which in turn allows you to charge more. From a business standpoint, I can see that it could make sense.

Personally, I rely on my polishing work to wow people- the wax is just the cherry on top and my customers could give a crap less who makes it, how much it cost, or if they can buy it at Wally World. My customers have a stupid grin on their face ear-to-ear because when I am done polishing, BEFORE I even wax their vehicles they are looking at paint that looks better than their car ever looked, and in most cases better than anything they have ever seen before.

Don't get me wrong though- I was teasing you guys... just consider me cheap, too cheap for the good stuff

Quick Reply: DoDo Juice Supernatural