Quick question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question

Do I need to wax my truck everytime I wash it?

I wash about once every 1-2 weeks, and wasn't sure if i need to wax it everytime.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by shaunakadub
Do I need to wax my truck everytime I wash it?

I wash about once every 1-2 weeks, and wasn't sure if i need to wax it everytime.
no..

every coupe of months is fine .. unless you are in extreme environmental conditions, or washing you vehiles with Tide or Dawn ..

If you are properly washing using a good Car Shampoo like Meg's gold class, or simliair .. and you used a qood quality wax .. then every couple of months is fine..

Old 08-25-2007, 03:11 PM
You could touch it up with some Quick Detailer after every wash to keep that "just waxed" look.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by ELVATO
You could touch it up with some Quick Detailer after every wash to keep that "just waxed" look.
Yup, that's what I do. I used to think I had to wax weekly to get that "just waxed" look after my weekly washes, but really, with my hard water, you need to finish up with detail spray because it's the hard water that leaves somewhat a slight smeary/smokey/dull finish and not the actual wax wearing off. Finishing off a wash job after drying with detail spray really brings out the clarity of the finish for me.

Funny how I used to think detail spray was un-necessary and a gimmicky un-needed product (I almost gave up after the first try because I used NXT Speed Detailer and that stuff was a horrible streaky nightmare!) and now, I won't finish a wash job without it, lol. It really makes a difference for me for easily maintaining that "just waxed" look. I used to use the regular Meguiars Quick Detailer, but now use the Ultimate Detailer.... the stuff even makes my soft bed cover look brand new and bead water like some special effects off a movie, lol. Beads water relentlessly.... they're not kidding, lol.

Quick Reply: Quick question