Stupid Bugs

Old 05-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid Bugs

Picked these hitchikers up in Germany at the weekend.

They make loud splats when you are doing over 130mph
Hope the paint is ok underneath. Looks like I might need the claybar again.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I ran down to Houston this weekend, got back in last night. The bugs at night on the highway are unreal. Went to the car wash and blasted most of them off but still have some residue, so may have to try the clay myself.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's NOTHING! Absolutely NOTHING! I wish I had taken a picture of the Honda that I did a few weekends ago...

Old 05-15-2006, 03:39 PM
yuma

go down to san diego CA passing by Yume. During the summer you will get so many butterflies, it is not even funny. The windshield are becoming yellow due to those bugs smashing on it

Old 05-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are those love bugs? THey are just starting here again.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Kidding can't stand outside without the love bugs coming at you like bees. And washing the truck....what a joke first trip afterwards and your front end is covered with little black love bugs. I wasted some money to try that windshield fluid with bug remover but it doesn't stand a chance.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Getting bugs of the front of your vehicle -

If you use a Bounce or Downy dryer sheet (ONLY - no others seem to work as well), slightly damp and reasonably warm, it will take off a lot more than you might think it would without doing any damage at all.

I can also tell you about a coating you can use (two different ones, really) that will keep them from sticking, and make them easier to remove without damaging your finish when they do, but you would have to email me for more information (and wait up to a day or two until I can get back to you when I am on the road).

Part of what I will tell you might be construed as my advertising myself (because of what I do for a living - part of what involves cleaning, detailing, coatings, and finish restoration to Motorhomes, RV's, Aircraft, heavy equipment, metal and aluminum buildings and awnings, signs ond rolling metal doors)), and I don't want to do a "no-no" on the board by doing so and telling anything more than what I do in general (without mentioning the product names I use), which I THINK is okay to tell.

Some of it is mentioned on my website, you can mention it, but I don't think I can if I understand the rules correctly...

Old 05-15-2006, 05:22 PM
You guys don't even know what bugs are until you see someone whose come back from FL. A white car will literally be black on the front end, and it takes endless pressure washing and scrubbing to get them all off. An F'ing nightmare. There is a cure though. If you don't miind the front end getting a little dirty, spray a coat of silicone on it before a long highway trip through bug country, and they'll come right off with a little water.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by 98Navi
You guys don't even know what bugs are until you see someone whose come back from FL. A white car will literally be black on the front end, and it takes endless pressure washing and scrubbing to get them all off. An F'ing nightmare. There is a cure though. If you don't miind the front end getting a little dirty, spray a coat of silicone on it before a long highway trip through bug country, and they'll come right off with a little water.
I know what love bugs are, I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale Florida.

Doing what I suggested in a previous post will help clean them off, and using the coating I mentioned - when I get 'em on my vehicle they come off pretty easily with cool or warm water from a hose, with a mitt to get the last 3-5% or less of the very worst of them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stupid Bugs