Paintless door fix...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Paintless door fix...

I stated earlier that I have a couple dings in my door from the kids... I have been searching around my area and found some tools for the DIYer... The couple I found are called "The Ding King" and "Pops A Dent"... My dings are very small, I got estimates of $125 per panel, I can't justify that route yet. Anyone with any experience with these tools. Thanks much...

Old 05-15-2006, 03:46 PM
leave it to the pro's..........

how many panels do you have dents on?
how much are those tools?
you can make the dents worse and they will charge you more to fix!

Old 05-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trust me, those tools are pretty close to useless - especially the home use versions of them. I'd rate them up there with Fuel Line Magnets, Turbulators and Flavored Suppositories on the usefulness scale. You might want to consider "Paintless Dent Removal." Done correctly - and it won't work on every dent - it's not half bad.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Silverfish, I have 1 panel with 2 dings side by side. Not deep at all, just enough to catch your eye. I know it's there though... I was hoping these tools would work. Thanks. I will look more into the PRO's doing it...

Old 05-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by 5.4SCREW
Silverfish, I have 1 panel with 2 dings side by side. Not deep at all, just enough to catch your eye. I know it's there though... I was hoping these tools would work. Thanks. I will look more into the PRO's doing it...

The guy I deal with (PDR) is 75 bucks for the first dent (ding) and 10 bucks per ding after that.

Quick Reply: Paintless door fix...