Poorboy's Trim Restorer Hazing

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poorboy's Trim Restorer Hazing

We've had some wacky weather here in New Orleans as of late...well beyond the typical....the days have been hot upper 80's w/ humidity in the 70%+ range. Nights drop down to about 75 or so w/a cool breeze.

This week, I noticed that most of my black trim started to have a white haze form on 'em. Seems to wipe off, but it's the first time I've ever seen it. The only product that I use on my black plastic trim is the Poorboy's Trim Restorer. I've been known to put a healthy coating of it on (last application was over 3 weeks ago).

Anybody ever have this happen to them?

Tony

Old 10-07-2004, 09:54 PM
I hope that it wasn't the Poorboys Trim Restorer, as I just got some in and was going to use it this weekend. I saw where it doesn't run when it rains like the other protectant I have been using, NXT or 303. Have you tried their new Spray and Rinse wheel cleaner yet? I did today, it was great, removed all of the brake dust that I have been letting build up for 3 weeks, waiting to test this new product. Works as advertised, no brushing, just spray on all 4 wheels, then rinse off. Also, going to use their new Super Suds wash this weekend too.

Old 10-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by AhsGrad1973
I hope that it wasn't the Poorboys Trim Restorer...
It has to be....it's the only thing I wipe on my trim. I'm not saying it's stained or anything, just turned to a white chalky film. Wierd...

Tony

Old 10-08-2004, 05:00 AM
I had the same problem a few months back. Now I use Meguiar's Back to Black. Have not had any problems since.

Old 10-08-2004, 06:16 AM
Not sure what the problem could be? I also use Trim Restorer with no problems. I always shake it up well, and then put on a thin coat. I also make a habit of coming back with a clean cloth and wiping of any excess (no matter what product I use).

I suppose it could have something to do with the humidity??????

Old 10-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by GBTexas
I had the same problem a few months back. Now I use Meguiar's Back to Black. Have not had any problems since.
As mentioned in a previous post, this product is not manufactured by MEGUIAR'S. It's made by MOTHERS.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
As mentioned in a previous post, this product is not manufactured by MEGUIAR'S. It's made by MOTHERS.

Rockpick fill me in, will the Megs Back to black restore my now faded to gray trim back to black or what?

Old 10-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by lifeguardjoe

Rockpick fill me in, will the Megs Back to black restore my now faded to gray trim back to black or what?
Don't make me come down there and smack you.

Old 10-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Pictures

DAMN....even the moderator is jacking my thread......is there no good work ethics in this world...

The film wipes off with a little rubbing.

Guess I have to make due with the situation the best way that I can... I should have wrote...."Wash Me" instead

Old 10-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Moderator &

Re: Pictures

Originally posted by TonyPTX
DAMN....even the moderator is jacking my thread......is there no good work ethics in this world...
Trust me. You'll know when I jack your thread.

For example, if I really wanted to jack your thread, I would've started off with talking about snow and how it probably did that the night before thus causing the white haze...

Further, since you've posted the pictures, I'd take one of them and do something similar to this:

At that point, you may realize that I'm out to jack the thread. Until then, it's safe to assume that I was just dealing with Joey. LOLOL!!!

Seriously though man, is there a chance that you just over applied the stuff and it dried/crystalized on the plastic? Did you shake well? Wipe off any excess? Dance the Macarena while applying? Pray to Buddah? ... sorry, I'm just jacking your thread...

RP

Old 10-15-2004, 06:06 PM
I applied it no differently than how I've done it dozens of other times....Guess it was a wacky combination of when I put the stuff on and the weather conditions....

as for thread jacking....that's just cold man..... I'll think twice before responding to another post in the Electrical forum

T

Old 10-15-2004, 07:33 PM
TonyPTX,

I would send those pics to Steve at Poorboy's and ask for some help. Maybe you got a bad bottle?

Steve will definitely take care of you.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Big fan of Mother's back to black here - used on my L and Mustangs for years. Applications last a LONG time (like 6 months before needing a touchup). Great deal for $4

Old 10-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Re: Re: Pictures

Originally posted by RockPick
At that point, you may realize that I'm out to jack the thread. Until then, it's safe to assume that I was just dealing with Joey. LOLOL!!!
Exactly. I'm only here to give you a hard time.

Quick Reply: Poorboy's Trim Restorer Hazing