Rock "Meg" Pick

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rock "Meg" Pick

Hey RP, I was at the auto store the other day and I saw a bottle of #7 and #26. I heard some combos looks good but didn't know if one was better to get or whatnot. They both cost around $9 a bottle, what's your opinion?

(Oh, and anyone else can chime in too)

Old 10-05-2004, 05:52 AM
Well, I'm not Rock "Meg" Pick , but I can tell you that the #7/#26 combo is very nice. One of my favorite combos on dark colored vehicles for many years was #9/#7/#26.

Old 10-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's one of the most popular combos around and I definately like it.

#7 hint: Put it on VERY VERY thin. It can be a beast to get off when it's applied too thick.

Old 10-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
It's one of the most popular combos around and I definately like it.

#7 hint: Put it on VERY VERY thin. It can be a beast to get off when it's applied too thick.
Is there a special 'procedure' I should follow?

What I have:

Deep Crystal Car Wash
NXT Car Wash
Step 1, 2, & 3
NXT Tech Wax
NXT Spray Wax
Quick Detail

I'm thinking of picking up the #7/#26 probably thursday and giving the truck a good slicking up (she needs it, I think she feels a little depressed because of her accident). I'm probably going to clay bar it too(probably going to buy Mothers Bar)

Anything else?

Old 10-06-2004, 08:28 PM
Moderator &

The perscription would depend totally on what type of shape your paint is already in... elaborate por favor.

Swirls? Scratches? Oxidation?

Old 10-07-2004, 03:01 PM
The perscription would depend totally on what type of shape your paint is already in... elaborate por favor.

Swirls? Scratches? Oxidation?
Well, no real swirls, just light ones. Scratches (besides the dent) I have none. I think I have oxidation, I'm not real sure. Like when I look at the hood, it has this look to it. Almost like a faded look, it has some gloss to it but I don't know. It just looks like its pitting or something.

Ok, I went outside and took a pic, but you can't really tell what I'm trying to show you.

Looks good right? Well lets zoom in and you can kinda see what I'm talking about.

You can only see it around the clouds in the picture, any ideas? This is only on the hood, so that's my main concern. The rest of the truck looks great.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Moderator &

It does resemble oxidation as I've seen it on a few vehicles...

Question: can you 'feel' that texture when you run your fingers across it? Or does it just feel smooth?

Old 10-08-2004, 05:29 PM
It does resemble oxidation as I've seen it on a few vehicles...

Question: can you 'feel' that texture when you run your fingers across it? Or does it just feel smooth?
It feels smooth to the touch. I do the plastic bag trick and I can really feel it then. I don't think its pitting, but it doesn't look great close up(1-2 ft away)

Old 10-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Moderator &

Hmm...

I'm not 100% sure here but, I can say with great confidence that your DC #1 (paint cleaner) won't hurt it. Give it a whirl and report back...

Now, to answer your earlier question....

If I were you, with the current products that you have in your aresenal....

1. NXT Wash -- the light sheeting action makes it a really nice product to work with.

2. DC #1 (see above). Further, you might not have to do the entire vehicle. Assess for yourself. Remember though, prep work is the KEY to a successful finish!! AKA: No shortcuts!

3. Deal with minor scratches here with your DC #2.

4. #7 -- Follow instructions explictly. Apply in very very very thin, even coats.

5. NXT X 2 24 hours apart on coats.

6. #26 X 2 (reserve your final judgement on the #26 until after 36 hours or so... I find that it takes about this long for everything to set up nicely and really glow with reflection and clarity.) You may note some slight shadowing but, it will disappear after that time frame.

7. Maintain with QD. I'd say NXT Spray Wax it on occasion after washing but, I just can't bring myself to say it as I find the product to be slightly difficult to work with, messy, and find it just as easy to smack a full coat of 'something' on it by hand rather than by spray.

Cha-Ching...

RP

Old 10-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Hmm...

I'm not 100% sure here but, I can say with great confidence that your DC #1 (paint cleaner) won't hurt it. Give it a whirl and report back...

Now, to answer your earlier question....

If I were you, with the current products that you have in your aresenal....

1. NXT Wash -- the light sheeting action makes it a really nice product to work with.

2. DC #1 (see above). Further, you might not have to do the entire vehicle. Assess for yourself. Remember though, prep work is the KEY to a successful finish!! AKA: No shortcuts!

3. Deal with minor scratches here with your DC #2.

4. #7 -- Follow instructions explictly. Apply in very very very thin, even coats.

5. NXT X 2 24 hours apart on coats.

6. #26 X 2 (reserve your final judgement on the #26 until after 36 hours or so... I find that it takes about this long for everything to set up nicely and really glow with reflection and clarity.) You may note some slight shadowing but, it will disappear after that time frame.

7. Maintain with QD. I'd say NXT Spray Wax it on occasion after washing but, I just can't bring myself to say it as I find the product to be slightly difficult to work with, messy, and find it just as easy to smack a full coat of 'something' on it by hand rather than by spray.

Cha-Ching...

RP
Sounds good. We'll see how it goes.

Old 10-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by lifeguardjoe
Sounds good. We'll see how it goes.
Oh yeah Joe... sure. No problem. Any time that I can help a JETS fan, you just let me know.

Old 10-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Jets are 4and 0 and the Dolphins are what and what?

Old 10-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by LINYScrew
Jets are 4and 0 and the Dolphins are what and what?
Don't make me find you and beat you randomly about the head and shoulders! LOL! Flipping Dolphins... geesh.

Old 10-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Don't make me find you and beat you randomly about the head and shoulders! LOL! Flipping Dolphins... geesh.
Don't hate rockpick

Old 10-13-2004, 08:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Hard to tell, but it kind of looks like acid rain damage?,,,,98

Quick Reply: Rock "Meg" Pick