Buffer

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffer

To all you cleaning Guru's:

I have a Craftsman orbital buffer and have always used it to buff the wax when I am done waxing. I would like to use it to apply the polisg, wax and finisher, where could I go to learn how to properly use it?

Does it make a big difference over hand application?

Jeff

Old 09-09-2004, 10:09 AM
I purchased the 10" Craftsman orbital... it rocks. Just follow the manual and you'll be fine. I did the 3-step mothers with it and the results are fantastic. Just slap on the bonnet, swirl some goop on and move it back and forth, no pressure, just let the buffer do it's job. It's a zero-effort quick way to get the job done. I followed up after the buffin' with a micro-fiber towel real quick to remove any dust and get in the tight spots. You'll love your new buffer!

Old 09-09-2004, 10:14 AM
If I use the buffer with Meguiars #9 will it "cut" too much if I use the buffer incorrectly?

Jeff

Old 09-09-2004, 10:16 AM
I honestly think you can't do any damage with that buffer. Once you apply pressure, it starts to bog down. Just keep moving and like I said, no pressure - the buffer will do the work. Also, keep the bonnet flat against the surface, don't tilt it to cut into areas. I think I could train my pooch to wax the truck, it's that easy. You'll do great.

Old 09-09-2004, 10:43 AM
dzervit - Thanks, I'll give it a try this weekend
I have to wait for TD Frances to get on out of here.

Jeff

Old 09-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Can't wait to see the post-detail pics.

Old 09-09-2004, 12:07 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that buffer is pretty much a waste. Like dservit said, once you start applying any pressure, the motor slows down. You aren't going to get any polishing done with it. Wax application and removeal, it'll probably work, but you waste so much wax on the pad. Invest in some different wax that is easier to apply/remove and you'll get the same results in the same time or less. I can get a coat of wax on my Supercrew by hand in about 20 minutes, on and off.

Quick Reply: Buffer