Love Bugs.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love Bugs.......

If you have lovebugs ( that what we call em in the south ) splattered all over the front end of your truck and on the windshield take a dryer sheet ( downy etc.. ) wet it with soap and water and the bugs will come right off...i thought it was b.s till i tried it..works bertter than any bug remover spray you can buy...

Old 09-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Arrrggghhh!!! I just had to rub off all my bugs from my 500+ mile road trip! Will give this trick a whirl next time!

Old 09-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DAM IT black04

Where the Heck were you a few months back........I will have to give that atry tonight when I get home.

Good info - thnx

Old 09-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Sounds GREAT!

Does it cause swirl marks?

Jeff

Old 09-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya know what Jeff......I was wondering if it would scratch the paint.

hmmmm

Old 09-10-2004, 12:37 PM
That is a great tip, thanks! Them Luv Bugs are murder here in FL!

Old 09-13-2004, 09:46 PM
I have to say, black04....you are the man. I washed my truck today, and the front end was covered with bugs. I thought about this thread and figured, hell I'll try anything once. Ran in the house and grabbed a dryer sheet, wet it in my wash water and wiped away. Man the bugs pretty much fell off with little scrubbing at all. There were a few that had been there a while so it took a little and I mean just a little elbow grease but it worked great. Just so you know it also worked awesome on my hood where I had a bunch of stains (looked like coffee stains) from all the crap falling out of the trees. These didnt come off with the normal wash. The dryer sheet worked wonders for me today. Thanks for the tip. My "must have" detail supply list is getting larger by the minute.

Just so you know, I didnt notice any scratches at all, and I looked at it from different angles in the sun.

Old 09-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Hot! Tip confirmed! Can't wait to get the front all splattered with peop... er, bugs!!

I wonder WHY it works? The texture of the dryer sheet? The chemicals... Wierd Science!!

Old 09-14-2004, 08:25 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmm... interesting.

Old 09-14-2004, 03:35 PM
great idea. i tried it on my last wash and it worked great. didn't scratch at all. i will be using this from now on. i use to use a sponge with the scrub on the back and washed the bugs off very gently trying not to scratch the painted areas. this way i just go right at it and don't have to worry about anything. ( cheap too)

Old 09-20-2004, 08:13 PM
I just hose the mugs down before i start the wash process and try to keep 'em wet w/ soapy water. By the time i get all the way around the truck, they pretty much flake off...guess the bugs here in Southern Louisiana are fatter and juicy. but for Christ's sake it smells like dog zhit.

Tony

Old 05-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Dryer sheets and bugs

I wouldn't use dryer sheets because I talked with my paint/body guy, he told me that dryer sheets are made of a plastic fiber, not cotton. When you use them they will leave tiny scratches that you can't hardly see, but if you continue to use it, you'll be scratching the clear coat and you will see a haze, it's from the scratches. It will show up on dark colored vehicles as a white haze which is just the scratches in the clear coat.
Paint/body guy said to use soap,water and cotton and elbow grease. I bought some wipes called LoveBug Wipes here in Gainesville, Fl. from a store, They work well and I keep the canister in my truck. you can check them out at www.lovebugwipes.com

Old 05-26-2008, 09:52 AM
I'd say its safe anyway. If you are the kind of person who is constantly paint correcting, this will not be a problem...

Quick Reply: Love Bugs.......