Rubber seal around window

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubber seal around window

The wind screen around my drivers side window was coming lose so I took it off to replace the double faced tape that holds it on. It was lose half way, when I took the other half off the tape pealed in half, part on the rubber around the window, part on the plastic wind screen. I rubbed the tape off the rubber with my finger but it left the glue, so I cleaned it off with goo gone then cleaned with alcohol which left the rubber dull.
I would like to take off the ones on the back windows, but I don't want to have the rubber seal look dull and funky, any ideas?
Thanks in advance
wayne

Old 09-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rubber seal around window

Originally posted by wetanner
The wind screen around my drivers side window was coming lose so I took it off to replace the double faced tape that holds it on. It was lose half way, when I took the other half off the tape pealed in half, part on the rubber around the window, part on the plastic wind screen. I rubbed the tape off the rubber with my finger but it left the glue, so I cleaned it off with goo gone then cleaned with alcohol which left the rubber dull.
I would like to take off the ones on the back windows, but I don't want to have the rubber seal look dull and funky, any ideas?
Thanks in advance
wayne
I'd just hit the rubber trim with a good quality trim restorer like Vinylex or Poorboy's Trim Restorer. I've also heard good things about using silicone spray (on a rag first then wipe the trim). That should bring the shine back.

Tony

Quick Reply: Rubber seal around window