Black Carpet Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Black Carpet Cleaning

I was just curious how people with black carpets get them clean. I love the black, but it just does not seem to get real clean when I vacuum it. The lint is a especially a pain. I guess it is a lot like black colored clothing, everyting sticks to it.

Any ideas? I have tried the sticky tape roller lint brushes, they work ok. Anything easier?

Thanks guys.

Old 08-21-2004, 01:36 PM
I have the husky-liners which help keep alot of the crap off of my carpet.

I had the same problem before and I would shop vac and use the lint rollers. You can also try duct-tape wrapped around your palm, it has a stronger adhesive and picks up alot more.

Old 08-21-2004, 01:39 PM
I read somewhere that a rubber washing glove (for doing dishes etc.) works well at getting up pet hair. Might help with the lint??? I have no idea if it works, just a thought....

Old 08-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Florida-150
I read somewhere that a rubber washing glove (for doing dishes etc.) works well at getting up pet hair. Might help with the lint??? I have no idea if it works, just a thought....
That was a trick that I've been spreading around after learning about it here as well (not sure who originally recommended it).

The best 'rubber glove' that I've found to date is the Play-Tex Rubber Gloves that some folks utilize for washing the dishes. They're available at Wally-Hell and work GREAT at picking up hair.

My 1 year old Dali-Lab is a beast when it comes to hair...

RP

Old 08-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I will try the gloves!

Hey RP, that is one cool looking dog. I must say I have seen a lot lab mixes and usually the lab characteristics are very dominant, but it is very obvious your pooch has some dalmation. Looks like he/she step in some dalmation paint.

Quick Reply: Black Carpet Cleaning