front liscence plate bracket removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front liscence plate bracket removal

has anyone been able to get this off?? I would like to know how to get it off. Thanks alot, Alex

Old 08-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
On the 2 bottom mounts there are little plastic push things. Just grab the long peice of plastic that runs back to where it is mounted and pull up. They are a PITA if they havent been out before. THis should let the bottom loose. On the top mounting point there are metal screw things about the size of a quarter. I think they have an spot for an allen screw driver. I cant remember if that is how the top part is on though. I will look at it tomarrow and tell you if it is different

Old 08-27-2004, 04:35 PM
I took mine off by slipping a hacksaw blade in between the bracket and the frame and sawing through those pop-in fasteners. They are relatively soft and easy to saw but it
took some patience. Looks light-years better without it, we don't need front tags here in PA.

Old 08-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Oh wow, now I need to find my hack-saw, sure wish it was easier than that to remove.......

I think I'll go outside and check this out!

By the way, "stupid question-time", what's the key hole for on the rear bumper... it's in a little plastic holder-thingy. I do have the tow-pkg.

Thx!

Old 08-28-2004, 06:39 PM
OK, just went outside to check out that fugly front license plate bracket (it had nothing on it).... unhooked the "over-the-top" hooks and then pulled the bottom two thingys out........ didn't mess up anything, looks like it was just stuck-tight between the black plastic and the chrome bumper....

anyhoo, you guys know how much better it looks "without", then I took my NXT and wax'd the bumpers again.........

OOOOOOHHHHH... how I like this truck!

Old 08-29-2004, 08:42 PM
i cut mine off with a razor...it worked

--pete

Old 08-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by bigdipper
OK, just went outside to check out that fugly front license plate bracket (it had nothing on it).... unhooked the "over-the-top" hooks and then pulled the bottom two thingys out..
Mine was the same way - I think they mount differently for different states

Old 08-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by bigdipper
Oh wow, now I need to find my hack-saw, sure wish it was easier than that to remove.......

I think I'll go outside and check this out!

By the way, "stupid question-time", what's the key hole for on the rear bumper... it's in a little plastic holder-thingy. I do have the tow-pkg.

Thx!
It is to keep people from stealing your spare tire. Use your key, unlock it, and pull the plug out. Then you can insert the jack handle/rod to lower your spare tire by turning.

Old 08-30-2004, 06:32 PM
I appreciate that! Thanks FORD!

I'd hate to lose that pretty new tire!

Quick Reply: front liscence plate bracket removal