LIQUID GLASS vs POORBOY'S EX-P vs KLASSE AIO/SG ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LIQUID GLASS vs POORBOY'S EX-P vs KLASSE AIO/SG ???

Greetings. I am a newbie to this forum.

First of all, I have to mention that I have learned more about taking care of the paint on my truck by reading this forum than all of the product web sites combined. The information and knowledge available here is very impressive. Thanks to all for sharing.

I am trying to decide what to use on my 03 S'crew with a dark shadow gray clearcoat. I intend to apply and remove all products by hand. My paint is is decenct condition, as the truck is about 1 year old. From what I have read on this forum, I am comparing:

Liquid Glass
Poorboys EX-P
Klasse AIO/SG

I am most concerned with durability and paint protection, with appearance being a bonus but I'm thinking most of the candidates will do a decent job here. I honestly know I am not willing to wax my truck every month. I would like to get by with only having to wax/protect my truck 2-3 times a year if possible (obviously, I am not in the same league as some of y'all). Ease of use is also important as I am a 'novice' in using these products. What about getting these products on/off the black trim? Can some of these also be used on the chrome surfaces?

I have done as much searching as I could on the above products in this forum, but it would be helpful to me if people who have used/compared the 3 exact products could give first hand experiences. I am not trying to start another battle between those who have obviously strong brand loyalty as shown in other threads, just a side by side pro/con of these products if possible.

Thanks to all for your help.

Old 08-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've used two of the three and thus, can offer a tiny bit of assistance.

Liquid Glass and Klasse

Both, obviously, have pros/cons but, here's my take:

Klasse: a great wax that looks VERY good on light colored vehicles in my opinion. Easy on, easy off pretty good durability. I know that this is a favorite with folks with white colored vehicles. On my wife's Firepepper Red Accord, it looked very nice from a depth and clarity perspective. I monitored it, head to head, with another product and found the other product to last a bit longer but, then again, it was more of a synthetic. Cons: expensive and tough to come by.... overall, a very good quality product IMHO.

LG: again, a great product that has been tried and true. Went on relatively easy (some smear) and came off with a little more effort. It seemed to leave a 'second day haze' behind that I had to knock out with some QD (probably an application/removal error on my part though). Left a high-gloss shine that I didn't care for as much as several other products that I've used. I didn't compare this product head to head with anything as I did my wife's entire hood/roof just to get a feel for it. Durability wasn't tested either as I worked on some swirls and thus, effectively removed it.

Of the two products, Klasse was easier to work with and I liked the depth and reflectivity/clarity better than LG.

I hope to give PB's EX a try in the near future but, I really need to burn through some of my other products before bringing more stuff to my shelf.

(See Boss, I am experimenting outside of the box on occasion! It's tough to leave the box for long though when the box shows up on your doorstep in a very very inexpensive manner sometimes though!).

RP

Old 08-05-2004, 03:35 PM
smprince1,

The Liquid Glass is a pretty decent product. It' does have a lot of solvents in it. Therefore it acts kind of like a cleaner/sealant product. It has a look similar to Klasse. Fairly easy to apply and remove.

The Klasse AIO/SG combo is an excellent combo, and is still one of the most durable combinations on the market. AIO is very easy to apply and remove. It is mainly a cleaner with just of bit of the acrylic in it that SG has.......... on it's own, the AIO doesn't have much durability. SG "can" be a bugger to remove if not applied, and removed properly.

Of the 3, I prefer Poorboy's EX-P. Very easy to apply and remove, with good durability, and great looks. It is a different product from the EX with has a bit of carnauba in it.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by RockPick

(See Boss, I am experimenting outside of the box on occasion! It's tough to leave the box for long though when the box shows up on your doorstep in a very very inexpensive manner sometimes though!).

RP
That's good to hear RP.............. keep an open mind! I have stuff in boxes that I haven't even opened yet.

P.S......... I'm guessing that you only used Klasse AIO, and not the AIO and SG combo. I'm believe you wouldn't have thought the SG was "that" easy to remove............. takes a bit of a knack. However, I think you would have liked the durability.

Last edited by Boss_429; 08-05-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks for your input guys.

Sounds like the Klasse AIO/SG provides the best long term durability. Since I am hoping to get by with only 2 applications a year (spring/fall), I think I might give this combo a try this fall.

However, you've scared me a little about the removal of the SG. What are the tricks to make it easier to work with?

Also, does this stuff stain the black trim on the truck?

What is the proper prep work before going to the AIO? Clay bar? Polish?

Thanks again for your input and expertise.

Old 08-06-2004, 08:02 PM
smprince1,

As for the prep for Klasse, you can use any polish(s) you want, as the AIO should be the last step before the SG, and the AIO will remove anything left behind by the polishes. So, you want to make sure you get the paint clean, and blemish/swirl free.

As for application of AIO and SG, well............. wait a minute............................................ ............................. Here, this link should really help you out! Pay close attention to the section on application.

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=48

Last edited by Boss_429; 08-07-2004 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:42 PM
I bought Klasse AIO and SG two months agon and did both my 02 Screw (Toreador Red) and my 98 Dogde Intrepid ES (Champagne). I really liked the way AIO cleaned up the paint. As far as SG goes, Boss is right in that it is picky on how you apply and remove it. It has to be applied so thinly that you can barely see it, otherwise it is a pain to try to buff off. I believe they are great products and will continue to use them.

Does anybody know of a carnuba topper that can be applied over the Klasse twins? I'm trying to get a little more depth and clarity and I hope carnuba would help.

Old 08-07-2004, 02:11 AM
I've been recently experimenting with Clearkotes Vanilla Moose and have found it to be the best polish/glaze I have used so far. It will remove mild swirls and scratches, but it's best use is as a final polish before top coating. So far I have top coated it with S100 and the results have been outstanding. I have some Poorboys EX P on its way and I plan on using this on top of Vanilla Moose and then doing a final top coat of S100. I figure the EX P will give me great durability and the S100 will give me that final wet look. Good luck with your choice as there are many available. Just remember, it's in the prep that makes a car really look outstanding. You skimp on the prep and it won't matter what product you use.

Old 08-07-2004, 09:31 AM
MaxTorque02,

I agree, the VM is a very nice polish/glaze. It also has just a little bit of protection built in.

Anyhow, just an FYI here.............. try the VM on you plastic lenses.......... headlights, taillights............ Etc.

Old 08-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by chroma
Does anybody know of a carnuba topper that can be applied over the Klasse twins? I'm trying to get a little more depth and clarity and I hope carnuba would help.
chroma,

Any high quality carnauba like Meguiar's #26, P21S/S100, One Grands Blitz, Natty's wax, and several others would work fine. I would use a "paste" wax, and not a liquid wax, as the solvents in the liquid waxes will probably remove some of the Klasse.

Keep in mind, that once you start adding the carnauba, if you decide to go back to the Klasse, you will need to start over with the AIO/SG for maximum durability.

Old 08-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to put my third coat of SG on tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get around to putting a topper of SG on before fall so I can see what difference it wil make.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Sounds like ya got all the info you needed but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth. I was in the same boat awhile back and after lots of recommendations, I went with Klasse AO & SG. unbelievable stuff! My Screw is Black/Silver and the shine is awsome. People ask me all the time how I get my truck so shinny! Plus the stuff is real easy to use! Very easy on and off. Another good product is Maguires Gold Classic. But is doesn't hold up a long as Klasse!

Quick Reply: LIQUID GLASS vs POORBOY'S EX-P vs KLASSE AIO/SG ???