NXT's timeline...

Old 07-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NXT's timeline...

Well I think I figured out what NXT's time life is. I did the treatment back on the 25th of April and here in the last 2 weeks I've noticed that the luster and beading were beginning to fade. I went out this morning at 5 a.m. and did the deed and it looks fantastic now. It seems the second time around was a little easier than the first. 2 months on the first application was pretty good. Rockpick, have you gotten any feed back on this topic?

Old 07-11-2004, 08:54 PM
I just went over my truck with the Color X-NXT combo 2 weeks ago. It's still holding up pretty well. I love the shine. How many times have you washed it? I have been using to much soap in my bucket and it seems it's cutting the wax faster.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=6470

Old 07-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Longevity has, for very few people, been somewhat questionable. For me, thus far, I can't give a report as I do a lot of upkeep and 'between waxing' maintenance.

I can assure you that you still had some protection left however; depending on your environmental conditions and use, it may have been starting to fade. Also, it has been my experience that luster doesn't necessarily mean that protection is gone. Nor does the lack of beading water (which is a very popular misconception).

As a suggestion, you may try TWO COATS of NXT in order to get a more uniform coating versus a one coat deal where some areas will be missed and others will only be slightly and inadequately covered. The two coat system is a smart idea for just about every surface protective coating as humans will always miss a few areas that will be covered on a second pass. I never go less than two coats on ANYTHING that I use as a final step product.

RP

Old 07-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Rio J
I just went over my truck with the Color X-NXT combo 2 weeks ago. It's still holding up pretty well. I love the shine. How many times have you washed it? I have been using to much soap in my bucket and it seems it's cutting the wax faster. [/url]
Rio has a very good point as well. Depending on washing cycles, chemical useage (volumes and dilutions), etc...

These items will affect any product on the market as well.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Although I believe that NXT is a great product, and I will continue to use NXT, I am dissapointed in it's longevity. After application, my black truck looks great. I find that the durability is 6 to 8 weeks. This is about the same as other waxes, but I believe that NXT provides better protection (mostly UV protection)

Because I have been driving a company car, my truck sits in the sun for the entire week and I drive it the weekends. It is not exposed to the every day driving so so it makes for a good test vechile for the NJ environment. I wash it every week to get the dust off and look for the tell tale water beading.

NXT is real easy to apply so it's no big deal to rewax. I can do the entire truck, wash & wax, in 3 hours. My only gripe is that I still have not seen it in the stores yet, but i can always by it online.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:04 AM
I would say I got 2 months out of my NXT.

But my truck is a daily driver, gets lots of dust and dirt on it from work, washed 2 times a week with Meguiars Gold Class.

I would think it would help out the longevity of it if you used NXT Booster wax after washing to keep the pop and shizzle from it and maybe use the NXT Wash.

Durability is to hard to measure as there is just so many variables and how the person judges durabilty is also a big factor.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Well i use the Mequiers wash and only 2 cap fulls per bucket and wash once a week. I did use the booster shine after 3 weeks but that was it. It does look good now and like I said it was easier than the first time around for some reason ( easier on easier off)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NXT's timeline...