California Duster question…

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question California Duster question…

A few weeks ago I bought a new Cal. Duster. I let it sit out over night on some paper as recommended to let it air out. When new they tend to leave streaks of an oily film on the paint when you use them. I know this is what treats the threads on them. The question is, is there something any of you recommend to do so as to dry up this excess oil so it does not streak on the paint? Should I let it sit out on paper for a few days so the paper can soak up the excess oil?

I don’t use it very often since the truck is garaged so I would hate to have to wait it out for months until it stops streaking.

Old 07-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I found that simply using it and allowing it to get a little bit dirty worked the best. I know that's not a solve all answer as you'll still have some streaking but, that's nothing a good detailer (like Meg's Final Detail -- or Z5 or Z6 or Z104.876 or Z101.9 KISS FM) can't fix I suppose.

I doubt it'd hurt anything to leave it out on the news paper longer. An additional helpful hint might be to leave it outside on newspaper so that the heat can allow more to 'melt' or volatilize off...

RP

Old 07-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Thanks bro…

No the streaking didn’t really hurt anything and comes right off just using my Microfiber towels…

Just kind of sucks at the moment but it don’t streak much. I’ll try leaving it out in the sun for a while to see if it helps rectify my situation…

Old 07-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You enjoy saying the word RECTIFY don't you?

Old 07-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
You enjoy saying the word RECTIFY don't you?
LMAO...

Quick Reply: California Duster question…