water spotting on paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
water spotting on paint

Hello everybody this is my first post. This site gives a wealth of information that I have used a lot already. I have a 2002 F150 Toreador Red Supercrew. One question I have is that 3 days ago I was going to wash my truck and sprayed down the whole truck. There was an emergency and I didn't get to wash it so the water dried on the truck. Today I washed it completely and started polishing with Klasse AIO on the hood. When I got done with the hood I noticed there was a lot of water spots that I had dried on that one day. I have already put Klasse AIO there so I was wondering how to get down and clear up the water spots on the hood. The rest of the truck doesn't seem to have water spots on it, so I think I'm ok the rest of the way. Any suggestions?

Old 06-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Try claying it and that should remove most if not all the water spots. However you will most likely need to re-apply the wax…

Old 06-15-2004, 08:23 PM
What he said...

Old 06-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Try claying it and that should remove most if not all the water spots. However you will most likely need to re-apply the wax…
Not trying to be a jerk or a stickler for details...but if you clay, you WILL need to wax...the clay will strip the wax right off

No offence to the previous post there

Old 06-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Clay is great at getting surface contaminants out, but often times water spots are into the paint and only a polish will remove them completely. I would start with the clay to get the surface com-letely smooth and see if it remedies the problem and then I would go to something like Meguiars DACP in order to get the surface back to being free of the water spots if the clay doesn't do it. Then follow up with a lighter polish with your choice of wax. If you're really into it, check out this forum and do some searching. More inforamtion than your head will be able to take in, but a great place to help get your finish as good as it can be.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

Old 06-18-2004, 09:10 AM
3M swirl and scratch mark cleaner wax. This stuff will take water spots and all the fine scratches out with no problem. It's very easy to take it off once you apply unlike other waxes/polishes etc.

The one I use is 39006...top of the page of this link http://www.hwaccessories.com/3M%20Waxes%20page.htm

Last edited by ZJumper; 06-18-2004 at 09:14 AM.

Quick Reply: water spotting on paint