Hey Rockpick...I may be converted

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Rockpick...I may be converted

Well today I finally broke down and strayed from Zaino. I washed my truck with the dawn dish soap to eat the Zaino off. I then used the clay bar, the new Meguiars NXT Tech Wax and then put # 26 over the top of it all. I saw what it did to my wifes car and just had to see it on red.
All I can say is WOW. It went on just as easily as the Zaino, came off a little easier (both NXT and 26) but the shine is much deeper and wet looking. I`m impressed to say the least and I dont think it ever looked as good with the Zaino. It was well worth the pain in the arm(surgery one) when I was finished. I may just use up the Zaino and keep doing all the cars with the Meguiars from now on......My Zaino guy wont want to hear that though
Heres some pics I just took so its a little shady but the shine will show through on them all.

Last edited by 2000FordStyle; 05-17-2004 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Straight on shot of door....great reflection from the wax job. Taken from about 10ft away with zoom mode on camera. Not a bad shine on a 4+ yr old truck

Old 05-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It looks absolutely perfect! Great job.

Don't start counting your chickens quite yet... NXT might not be the best thing for you... (of course, I think it is for me though). LOL!

RP

Old 05-17-2004, 08:15 PM
RockPick
Thanks for the compliment. My neighbor may be a convert now too). He lives up on the corner from me and he came over a little bit ago. He said from his porch it looked like the truck had a glow to it and wanted to know what I used. He`s heading out to get some tonight (if he can find it) to try on his black supercrew.
Now if I can just find a store with the NXT detail spray in stock......

If I`m going to count my chickens now (LOL) what can I use tp replace my Zaino tire and trim dressing in the Meguiar line. I know I can use the NXT detail spray to replace my Zaino detail spray. Switching over will save me some money too as Zaino is a expensive habit......

Old 05-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I myself am also very fond of the NXT/#26 combo on my true blue truck. Also like the Meguiars NXT tech protectant very much. I have also used and been happy with Poorboy's Trim Restorer.

Not too happy with the Meguiars Edurance tire gel though...have, again, used Poorboy's tire product and been happier with it, though still not 100% thrilled...still searching for the "perfect" tire treatment.

Old 05-18-2004, 01:01 PM
APT
The truck looks great!

Just curious if you ever tried #26 over Zaino?

Old 05-18-2004, 01:11 PM
APT,
Never tried the #26 over Zaino. It was always Zaino and Zaino over Zaino so I never mixed them. The Meguiars this time was the first I ever used there stuff on the truck. I had always used Zaino since new since a friend in town is a distributor of their line. I first put it on the wifes car the day before and was very impressed so I stripped the Zaino off my truck to try the Meguiars this time.
It would be interesting to see what the #26 would do over a nice treatment of Zaino.....

Old 05-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't experimented with a bunch of products when it comes to the tire dressing because I'm VERY happy with Endurance High-Shine. Sorry... don't guess I'm much of a help there.

Old 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
I've tried a few tire dressing products; Turtle Wax Wet n' Black (I think that's the name of it), and the rest I forget because they weren't worth me remembering. But recently I've been using Armor All Tire Foam which I have been very impressed with. When you factor in the ease of use and the endurance of the product, it is very much worth the money (which isn't much). Since the product is a stay on foam, requiring no wiping, I would suggest doing your rims AFTER you do the tires, had to learn that the hard way the first few times. Hope this helps. I'll try to go take pictures of the coating I have on my tires now which has been on there for about 2 weeks. Hopefully the clouds will go away and I can get you guys a nice picture.

-Blake

Old 05-18-2004, 09:44 PM
APT
I use Black Magic Trim and Tire Shine. Seems like pure silicone to me, but it when used in moderation looks great IMHO. Lasts about 3-4 weeks including rain and mild washes which seems like as long as anything else on the market. In this picture, you can see where I applied it to the inner part of the tire, but not the outer where the tread blocks start on the sidewall.

Last edited by APT; 05-18-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Stoners "More Shine ,Less Time " here

Old 05-20-2004, 09:36 PM
all ive used on my 2 trucks in my sig is #26 and it always does a good job. The crappy pics dont do either of them justice. I love #26 cause it applies/removes almost effortlessly, and its cheap.

Old 05-22-2004, 11:54 AM
I've used the NXT and found it to leave a very nice shine. Over at Autotopia, many users have recommended the use of Meguiars #16 as a top coat. It supposedly leaves an even better shine than #26. It can sometimes be a little more difficult to find, but it can sometimes be found at boat supply stores or in the boating section of a multi line sporting goods store.

Truck looks nice.

Old 05-24-2004, 07:54 AM
2000FORDSTYLE

I recently used Aerospace 303 on my tires. It makes them look new with some shine. I used to use Eagle One tire stuff. The tires do not shine as much with 303, but it is worth it to not have tire dressing down the side of my truck and dirt doesn't seem to be sticking to the tires at all.

Last edited by JOHNSON505; 05-24-2004 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:23 AM
JOHNSON505,
I`m going to give that a try on the truck. I just picked up a 32oz bottle of 303 at BoatersWorld to use on my Jetski`s rubber/vinyl pieces. I did try a little on the rear bumper pad and it looked pretty good so we will see.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Hey Rockpick...I may be converted