Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

I didnt want to use up my Zaino on the wifes car so I stopped by AutoZone this morning and bought some of the Meguiars NXT Tech Wax.
I`m a die hard Zaino fan but this stuff is amazing. Wifes car is a dark blue metallic that I`m ashamed to say I dont wax very often and it was showing. Its used 4-5 times a week to go down long dirt roads to the horse barn and I got tired of waxing one day and it was all dirty the next.
After washing and claying the car I applied this stuff with my PC 7424 and let it sit awhile. Wax came right off and left a awesome shine on the car. The metal flakes just glow in the sun and it looks close to new again.
I`m waiting to see how long this lasts and the water keeps beading. It may be a close tie between this and the Zaino on her dark metallic. Its also cheaper in the long run for me to keep applying this on hers.
I may have to try it on my F150 to see how it works on red.........

Last edited by 2000FordStyle; 05-16-2004 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just used it on my 2004 Bright red FX4 Supercrew. Came out awesome. I did have a base coat of Meguiar #26 on it, and I had to order the NXT High Tech wax, since I couldn't find any in my local area. Came in this week, and had to put a coat of it on today. I don't have a PC, did it all by hand. I can imagine how much better it would look if I did use a PC.

Old 05-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Honestly, with NXT, a PC isn't really going to help you out much with depth or other visual asthetics as NXT has a very minimal amount of cleaners that may aid with things like that.

A PC will, on the flip side, help out with many abrasive polishes in that it can 'work' the particular product in the manner that it was intended to be used and ultimately make your finish look better.

Don't get me wrong, a PC would make NXT easier to apply but, overall, I don't think you'd get much more out of it.

RP

Old 05-16-2004, 03:55 PM
RockPick,
I didnt say the PC made it look better by applying it with it, I just said I applied it with it
I just had elbow surgery(right side) 3 weeks ago and being right handed it made things easier to do with it. My left arm is already killing me from the clay bar process.
It does make things easier with the right pads and the 3M swirl remover and Finesse-it II application. Last time I did this clay, 3M, and then all the Zaino products on my F150 the PC was a blessing.

Old 05-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by AhsGrad1973
...I can imagine how much better it would look if I did use a PC.
I was just responding to this comment....

I hope that elbow is doing better!!

Old 05-16-2004, 05:53 PM
RockPick,
No problem...wasnt sure who it was directed at and was just clarifying my post about my use of the 7424.
Elbow is doing much better finally...Thanks

Quick Reply: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax