morning dew..

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry morning dew..

It seems every morning after I wax, my car is completely covered in a thick layer of dew.. I'm always running late in the morning, so I don't have time to take a WW towel to it.. it really makes me mad because when I drive to work all that dew starts running down the sides and leaves streaks all over (because I park in a wide open parking lot = sun right on it). And after spending so much time waxing it and getting an immaculate shine, it gets blemished right off the bat, which is very discouraging. No other cars at our house do this, just mine, the one I wax (no one else waxes theirs). Anyone else who doesn't have a garage have this problem?

Old 05-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Same thing happens to me. I just take it to the car wash and high pressure rinse it, and that usually takes care of the streaks. Then just wipe it off with a MF towel.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:04 AM
I may have to start getting up earlier so I can dry it up. I read over @ autopia just now, that about the best way to deal with it is to lay down a heavy mist of QD, then wipe up the dew and QD with a MF towel. If I can manage to get up 15 minutes earlier I should have time to do this.. as much of a pain as it would be.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by gmorf33
I may have to start getting up earlier so I can dry it up. I read over @ autopia just now, that about the best way to deal with it is to lay down a heavy mist of QD, then wipe up the dew and QD with a MF towel. If I can manage to get up 15 minutes earlier I should have time to do this.. as much of a pain as it would be.
That's about all you can do. Where I live we only get about 2 months of the year where dew or frost isn't a problem in the morning. It is a real PITA, especially after having spent the time making your truck look good!

Old 05-05-2004, 02:05 PM
yeah *sigh* Does wax attract dew? None of the other cars around mine have any, and if they do its very little. They are all cars that haven't been waxed in at least 5 years.

Old 05-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Same situation here. Plenty of morning dew.

Here's what I do when I have the time........... I grab my Poorboy's Spray & Wipe, and one of PAC's "super soft" waffle weave drying towels. I mist the area with the S & W, and lightly wipe with the super soft WW towel. That towel is extremely soft, and more absorbent than a regular MF towel.............. but not quite as absorbent as the "big blue" WW towel.

I also use the same combination after a rain storm, or to clean the pollen off my vehicle.............. For those two situations, I will get the hose out, and rinse the vehicle to minimize standing water, and take the S & W, and the super soft WW towel and do the same thing as above.

That super soft WW is quickly becoming my favorite S & W towel!

Here's the towel:
http://www.premiumautocare.com/platsupsofdr.html

Old 05-05-2004, 10:46 PM
What about that new Mr. Clean spray gun that just came out a while ago? It filters tap water to the point where it wont leave marks. Spray the truck in the morning, have a coffee, then head out. There is a money back offer that if it does not work, you will get a full refund. I have one, but just got my F150 FX4 a few days ago and have not tried it yet. Works great on my wifes Sunfire that is seldom waxed.... I'll let you know

Old 05-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Its not good to do this to a black vehicle is it?

Old 05-06-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by gmorf33
yeah *sigh* Does wax attract dew? None of the other cars around mine have any, and if they do its very little. They are all cars that haven't been waxed in at least 5 years.
The reason that your freshly waxed vehicle seems to attract the dew while the others remain untouched is because of the wax but it is not attracting the dew. Your vehicle is waxed so the dew is beading on the surface like a good wax job is supposed to do. The vehicles that have not been waxed look like they are not affected by the dew, its just because the dew is not beading up on them. They are getting as wet as yours is you just can't tell. Only thing you can do to prevent it is put it in a carport, a garage or get a nice car cover.

Old 05-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by 04KevinJ
Its not good to do this to a black vehicle is it?
Kevin,

You certainly have to be more careful on black................. that' why I use S & W for those situations. The S & W is not the glossiest QD................ but it is the safest. It has great lubrication, and when used with high quality MF's it's extremely safe.

However, you are correct.......... with black paint, it's sometimes better to just wait until you can wash it with a fine car wash and a good mitt. The less you touch black............. the better!

Quick Reply: morning dew..