Rust and chrome

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rust and chrome

I have just purchased a supremo condition F150 Ranger in almost mint condition. However, around the bumper and other areas rust is slowly beginning to form. Any hints on IF it can be cleaned or how to remove the rust if it can be done.

FM

Old 04-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An F-150 Ranger, most folks will think you got something messed up since the Ranger is now Ford's small pickup. If memory serves me correctly though, we're talking a mid-70's full size pickup - right?

As far as slight rust on your chrome goes, I'd recommend working it over with Chrome Polish and a cotton rag as your first step. Avoid steel wool or SOS pads. Although they'll get the rust off, they'll really mess up your chrome plating in the process. Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Old 04-29-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by 2stroked
If memory serves me correctly though, we're talking a mid-70's full size pickup - right?
Yep they made the F150 Ranger full size pickup in the mid 70's to early 80's.
Originally posted by 2stroked
As far as slight rust on your chrome goes, I'd recommend working it over with Chrome Polish and a cotton rag as your first step.
Nevr Dull works great for this and it is relatively inexpensive compared to some products on the market. You can get it at most hardware stores and Wal-Mart also carries it. Here is their web site if you want to read up on them...http://www.nevrdull.com/
Good luck and welcome to F150online!!

Old 04-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by wild-mtn-rose
Yep they made the F150 Ranger full size pickup in the mid 70's to early 80's.

Nevr Dull works great for this and it is relatively inexpensive compared to some products on the market. You can get it at most hardware stores and Wal-Mart also carries it. Here is their web site if you want to read up on them...http://www.nevrdull.com/
Good luck and welcome to F150online!!

Quick Reply: Rust and chrome