Under Carriage Cleanup

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Under Carriage Cleanup

A number of folks have posted in over the past few months wondering what they might use to clean up the under side of their trucks. Since spring appears to have finally come to the great white north, I decided to try something a bit different last weekend. I bought a four cans of foaming tire cleaner / dressing at Sam's club for just under ten bucks. This is the stuff that's advertised to both clean and shine your tires.

Next, I crawled under my 2002 FX4 on a creeper and began shooting up a storm in the garage. I hit the wheel wells, frame, front suspension, rear suspension, back side of the tires and generally anything that was black. It took about 20 minutes to empty two cans and hit everything I deemed to need cleaning.

I went back into the house and enjoyed several tall, frosty cold adult beverages whilst the foam did it's thing outside. I ended up waiting about 30 minutes before crawling back under the truck. Guess what? The stuff worked wonders! Other than the fact that my garage floor now has the same coefficient of friction as Mobil 1, I'd declare it a total success. Maybe I'll do it in the street next time.

Old 04-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every time I wash my truck I crawl under it with a pressure washer and clean it up good, then after the wash is complete I spray underneath every where with tirewet.

I have always done this to all my trucks and they still look new underneath when I get rid of them.

Quick Reply: Under Carriage Cleanup